Recent content by AmyTooobin

1. A

What's the 03-23-2023 consensus on reliable 2.5Gbe?

Also I just noticed this: The AQC111U chips seems to have been discontinued after the Marvell takeover and drivers (for all OS) are not maintained since 2019. Top level searches on the Marvell site won’t find the product any more, and only search engines will still dig out deep references to...
  2. A

Honestly when I see pricing like this here in the last 8 years or so, it's laziness. Vendors will not delist or commit to different markets. When a product on Amazon is sold out, they won't delist it, they'll just raise the price and import. On Amazon Canada the majority of QNAP products are...
  3. A

Going with a 5Gbe adapter is a solid piece of advice. Thanks. I looked at the QNAP 5Gbe adapter yesterday and it's silly priced in Canada ($200+). I could order it from the US and probably pay a little less, it's still and outsized chunk of $$$. I did find this Trendnet 5Gbe adapter for $80...
  4. A

Hi all. I've been running a Lenovo m910q with a couple of external drives via a dual SATA port mini pci card in the wifi M2 slot, but I have a m920q coming and I have a PCI riser card to go with a SAS PCIe card that has external SAS ports. It should be a nice upgrade, but I've been thinking...