Recent content by Alterra

1. A

Intel W680 DDR5 and ECC Reporting

When you say no success, you mean you inject an error and nothing happens? I am getting this on X12SAE when I inject a correctable error (I don't have a W680 board to test on): [309293.990507] EINJ: Error INJection is initialized. [309413.023377] {1}[Hardware Error]: Hardware error from APEI...
  2. A

Intel W680 DDR5 and ECC Reporting

If your board supports ACPI error injection, you could try that and see what happens when you inject correctable or uncorrectable errors: https://docs.kernel.org/firmware-guide/acpi/apei/einj.html You may need to modprobe einj first. Don't hold your breath while waiting for EDAC support, even...
  3. A

Asus W680 ACE - Block Diagram & Storage options

I don't have a block diagram for Asus W680 ACE but the specs say one M.2 slot is attached to CPU and two to W680, and finally the SlimSAS port to W680. W680 can support 12x PCIe 4.0 lanes so they should all be usable simultaneously. Note that everything connected to W680 shares the single DMI...
  4. A

Has anyone gotten ECC logging (Rasdaemon, EDAC, WHEA, etc.) to work on Xeon W-1200 or W-1300 or Core 12ᵗʰ or 13ᵗʰ Gen processors?

Well, if you don't mind, it would be interesting to learn if / how that board can report correctable errors. Linux instructions for injecting errors here: APEI Error INJection — The Linux Kernel documentation
  5. A

Has anyone gotten ECC logging (Rasdaemon, EDAC, WHEA, etc.) to work on Xeon W-1200 or W-1300 or Core 12ᵗʰ or 13ᵗʰ Gen processors?

Ah, okay, so I suppose Gigabyte support was then also using different memory modules, probably a standard set they have tested to work earlier. Not your memory modules. I admit I started wondering myself "how come the ECC corrected errors do not show up as real memory read errors if he is using...
  6. A

I was under the impression that the ECC circuitry has been fused off (i.e. permanently disabled in HW) on all Comet Lake / Rocket Lake Core i3/i5/i7/i9 CPUs. And this means that the circuitry will never report any ECC errors, and this in turn means that memtest cannot detect any (corrected)...
  7. A

I think your first problem is the Gigabyte W480M board. Gigabyte disabled error reporting in BIOS, and locked the setting so it cannot be changed. I had this board and in my understanding, Comet Lake CPUs can report ECC errors via SERR, SMI or SCI and I verified that on the W480M, all of those...