Recent content by alexw1982

1. A

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

does anybody know if the 4x m.2 expansion board can be used in 2x PCIe3 x2 configuration. I hate that my zfs mirror consists of a x4 and a x1 connected ssd ...
  2. A

I have the box wall mounted, so removing the backplate is not really an option but I agree that some air flow should be sufficient in most cases
  3. A

Does anybody have a link to the printable 3D model?
  4. A

You can just fix the fan to the fins using rubber fan mounts. Works like a Charme and no drilling is needed … just slide the fan with the rubber attached through the gaps between the fins.
  5. A

I think more importantly than a fan ontop of the fins is some airflow where the ram and ssd are situated. The cpu cooling seems to work fairly decent after repasting even without a fan but the heat gets trapped in the lower part of the case. I am looking the use this 3d printed part to fix the...
  6. A

memtest from passmark is able to read out the ram temperature ... but with regular use I would assume it is unlikely that the RAM overheats (e.g. doing a backup)
  7. A

Cooling might be a challenge because you cannot mount a fan if you put the adapter board in there. Depending on how busy the NAS is, the 4 NVMEs might get quite hot without air flow. However this could be solved with this 3d printable housing extension ...
  8. A

Additionally, being limited to a 2242 NVME and soldered RAM would not outweight the form factor for me :-)
  9. A

Strange - for me it definitely fixed it ... maybe somebody can help me out with regards to PL1/PL2 limits. I understand the basic concept of what the result is of setting PL1 and PL2. My question is whether it actually makes sense to set a low PL1 (if cooling is sufficient). Shouldn't the total...
  10. A

Try to disable ASPM Auto setting in the BIOS settings for the relevant PCIe Ports. That's what fixed it for me. In general, setting ASPM to auto for SSD PCIe ports produced errors in proxmox for me... in general that 2230 wifi adapter board is a janky solution. I would wish for a 2x PCIe3.0 x2...
  11. A

has anyone been able to read the fan speeds within linux / proxmox. I failed to get it working using lm-sensors ...
  12. A

Installed the fan kit tonight with both NVMe M.2 slots utilized. The ssd that was in NVMe slot adapter for 2232 port was getting in contact with fan. I had to file down the screw mount on the adapter to 5mm in length to eliminate the contact … not pretty but it seems to work during memtest the...
  13. A

I just received the 4x NVME m.2 adapter board. Does anybody know what the switches JC3 and JC4 do?
  14. A

You can also just get a cheap 2.1/2.5mm adapter … works fine here
  15. A

I am only aware of a 4x M.2 PCIe x1 adapter and the 1 PCIe3x4 and 1PCIe3x1 adapter (came as a default with mine. Would also love to get the 2x PCIe3x2 adapter although I doubt you would see and significant performance bump if you are just running a few containers & VMs plus maybe a firewall (as...