Recent content by Alex15326

1. A

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

To add to the information about power usage, I have around 70W idle with a 13600k CPU, 64GB ECC RAM, 14 SATA SSDs, 1 HBA, 1 10gb NIC, the IPMI card, 2 Coral TPUs and fans (case, CPU, added small fans to the HBA and NIC, since the HBA was overheating and I use a PC case). I run TrueNAS with a...
  2. A

I would like to add some thoughts about the DDR5 ECC parity bits discussion. If I understand correctly, by the standard the on-die ECC is opaque to the system, so we can assume that it is up to the manufacturer to decide how to handle it, can support whatever number of bit correction and...
  3. A

Thank you for the information! I too read about the Corsair PSU and could've potentially bought it, but decided on a Corsair HX750 Platinum supply. It is one of the few good PSUs from the LTT PSU list that still have a 25A 5V and 3.3V rail and a total of 150W shared on both (most other PSUs are...
  4. A

Hello, Is this power consumption (24-25W) with the IPMI card or without it? I am asking since I'm in the same situation as you (deciding to probably not buy the gigabyte motherboard), but I don't know if the power consumption is comparable. If this is with the IPMI card, it could possibly mean...