Recent content by ajs

1. A

WTB: U-Nas 810 or 810A w/ power

Curious what motherboard you plan on using with the u-nas case?
  2. A

EXPIRED Asus X570-P $127 @ Amazon

I ordered this for my 3700x build. Great deal for a what seems solid board. Anyone have any experience with this motherboard?
  3. A

WTB: IcyDock FatCage MB154SP-B

This is a long shot, but does anyone have one of these IcyDock 3 to 4 bay SATA hotswap cages? Model number MB154SP-B MB154SP-B_3.5" EZ-Tray Cages_3.5" HDD CAGES_ICY DOCK manufacturer Removable enclosure, Screwless hard drive enclosure, SAS SATA Mobile Rack, DVR Surveillance Recording, Video...
  4. A

Supermicro X10DRG-Q Motherboard Dual Socket R3 $200+shipping

Be aware this board is a proprietary form factor.. not sure what chassis you can fit it in. Form Factor Proprietary Dimensions 15.2" x 13.2" (38.61cm x 33.53cm)
  5. A

How common are bad SATA cables?

I've ran into a number of bad cables. If you see any dma or bus errors, that is typically due to the cable.
  6. A

[FS][US] Moving Sale!Intel SSDs, Xeon CPU, Precision 7820 Workstation, Ryzen itx build

Do you know what idle power consumption is for the X10SDV-2C-TP8F system?
  7. A

[WTB] Brocade ICX6450-24p

Looking for the PoE version Brocade ICX6450-24p. May also consider a 7250-24p. Located in MN 55378. Thanks!
  8. A

FS: Brocade ICX7250-24

Darn, I am looking for a PoE version as well (6450-24p or 7250-24p). If you don't mind me asking, what ebay listing did you purchase from?
  9. A

Looking for replacement of power hungry MD1000

with 15 SAS drives, those alone are probably drawing 75W spun up....
  10. A

Looking for replacement of power hungry MD1000

Consolidate to a set of mirrored 10TB drives and ditch the DAS. I'd also replace the X8SIL-F/L3426 as more modern hardware will be much more power efficient. X10/E3-12xx v3 is a good middle ground for cost/power efficiency.
  11. A

[FS][US-MN] Supermicro X10SRH-CF + Xeon E5-2660V3 + 32GB DDR4, SAS Cables, SAS836TQ Backplane

I have a SAS836TQ backplane from my CSE836 chassis with SAS -> SATA breakout cables. $50 takes all (or priced individually below). Supermicro SAS836TQ backplane. Fits CSE836 chassis. (https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/BPN-SAS-836TQ.pdf) - $30 shipped Four MiniSAS to SATA cables for...
  12. A

12 Node, 24 Drive Bay, LCD with BMC in 3U Case with 10G Switch

Have you measured power consumption at all? I would be curious to see what this setup draws idle and under load.
  13. A

Forced Unit Access, plp

In my experience, yes. The enterprise SSDs I've worked on all consider the write complete and safe once it hits the cache. A write with FUA set will return complete at that time. Rotational media is a different story... not enough time/power to flush the write cache on power loss, so FUA in...
  14. A

Supermicro X10SL7-F $63

No gotchyas really... just update the SAS, BIOS and BMC firmwares to the latest. Also, this board will only take unbuffered ecc memory.. so keep that in mind. ECC udimms carry a bit of a premium and are harder to come by. Non-ecc udimms or rdimms won't work.