Recent content by agentpatience

1. A

Looking for E5 2699 V3/V4

Hello, I have a couple servers I want to upgrade. I'm looking for used 2699 v3/4 or the equiv. engineering samples. Thanks. J
  2. A

Intel Xeon E5 2695V4 - $250/unit

do you have any cheaper chip?
  3. A

AMD 6380 CPU for sale.

I have 32pcs AMD 6380 used pull cpu for sale. Make an offer for some or the LOT! Will ship by Canada Post. Buyer pays shipping costs. Accept paypal or money order.
  4. A

Has anyone tried E5-4600 series CPU in 2P Dell blades or racks that support E5-2600 v1/v2?

I decided to order some pretty cheap E5-4650L to try and use in the M620 blade. I wonder if it will be compatible. In the worst case i'll stick them in a M820 but i'm very curious to see if these will work in a dual socket E5 v1/v2 blade.
  5. A

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

8895 v2 has higher turbo bins so that is why they score higher than 4890 v2.
  6. A

Micha - On a working system DIMM LED's don't light up. I don't know why. If you get to ERROR 15 then at least the system is trying to post and that CPU is likely OK. Populate 2 DIMM in first two blue slots and place memcard in P1M1. Does it post? Do you know what your bios version is? What do...
  7. A

I have 8895 v2 for $60 USD each if anyone is interested.
  8. A

Ok, no problem. Sorry I did not answer all your questions I was in a hurry. You can post 1 CPU with 1 or 2 or 4 DIMM per mem1 rev1.x card but not 3. That goes for all the other slots from my experience. I tested with A1 and B1 slots filled and started 1 CPU and 1 Memcard at a time to find this...
  9. A

Hi Micha - I can tell you that this board is picky over memory modules. Post 15 seems to be a memory error. I've seen that on many modules. Try modules on the memory support list if you don't want to waste money. I found through trial and error that Samsung 16GB M393B2G70BH0-ck0 work and other...
  10. A

WTB Supermicro X10QBI-MEM1 Rev 2.0 memory board

Which Bios version are you using?
  11. A

The pins are in perfect shape and 1 CPU configuration does the same as the dual with a video post and server platform errors message. Here is my setup 1CPU 2memboards for P1M1 P1M2 Imgur
  12. A

I have the complete set of processors and boards in every board in m1 slot 1 per cpu. When all cpu in no post when only 2 in post with platform error maybe cpu not supported?
  13. A

Hi GMAX, how did you get it to work with V4 CPU? I have Mem1 boards rev 1.01 and V3 E7-8890 ES QFTG but I get this "platform error happens" message. Supermicro said that MEM1 riser cards don't support V3/V4 CPU?
  14. A

Ok, I tried interleaving memory on other systems with a full set of memory but it did not improve anything for my applications. I noticed that when I change memory population configs that without a recompile the changes are not always applied... did you recompile between tests? I see what you...
  15. A

All of this is great information for the birds and seems to correlate what I read in the JC white paper. I need to understand better what they are talking about 2:1 Performance Mode... is that 8 DIMMS per memcard? a blue and black slot populated pair? I am specifically interested in performance...