Recent content by afoor

1. A

X10SLM+-LN4F +Xeon E3-1220V3 + 32GB DDR3 @ $99

This is a cute little server for the money...
  2. A

Dual Xeon-D

Something very custom is going on. That's an FPGA in the center of the board. This may be a tricky board to bring to life.
  3. A

Supermicro 10-bay 2.5" NVME w/ X10DRU $300 Shipped

I'm a bit out of my element here - But this struck me as something that will interest someone. It's a bare-bones Supermicro 1028U-TN10RT+ w/ 10 x 2.5" NVME bays and X10DRU-i+. All the sleds, risers, and cables appear to be included.
  4. A

NewEgg Open Box Sale - Lots of Server Gear

Some great Newegg deals going on right now in their Open Box Sale (Supermicro gear, Asrock Rack, etc.).
  5. A

Supermicro X10SDV-8C-TLN4F+ / $400 Best Offer

The seller accepted an offer of $400 for the X10SDV-8C-TLN4F+. This is a great deal if you have the 10% eBay bucks offer from yesterday!
  6. A

Supermicro X10SDV-16C-TLN4F+ - $500

Thanks! That got me into the BMC. I didn't find anything telling from the IPMI - Nor was I able to boot from the interface. I'm going to attempt to boot from a 12V bench supply tomorrow.
  7. A

That will be much appreciated! I'm working to get into the BMC now. As for the memory - I tried both Hynix and Samsung 8 GB RDIMMs. Both DIMMs worked in an X10SDV-8C previously, so I believe this are compatible. Yes - That was the first thing I checked. I've wasted hours troubleshooting a...
  8. A

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately - No luck with either the a 24-pin ATX or 4-pin 12V supply. The BMC LED lights up and beats, but shorting either the clear CMOS or power-on jumpers does nothing. Shorting the power-on pin on the supply powers on some parts of the board (fans spin, power LED...
  9. A

I’m glad you got a promising one! The board I got is damaged. Something is wrong with the power distribution on the board. Shorting the power-on contacts does nothing. Shorting the PSU power-on pins powers up the fans, but not the core. I used the same approach - A copper shim between the...
  10. A

Datto Xeon D 1541 board -- $501.15 shipped + 6/8% ebay bucks for some

I had the same issue when using the internal USB header. It worked fine when using a port on the I/O panel.
  11. A

Asrock D1541D4U-2T8R for $299.99

Here's an Asrock D1541D4U-2T8R for sale on eBay for $299.99 + shipping. Unfortunately, no I/O shield is included.