Recent content by Abula

1. Abula

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

@cat2devnull thank you for the detailed post, i just ordered the v3 you suggested =)
  2. Abula

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

what does ushering mean? using? if i order the Topton n5105 right now will come with v3 or do i need to wait more?
  3. Abula

Need a 16 port Gigabit Switch with POE

Hi, I'm about to move to a new home, planning on doing a new network from scratch, it will have 6 PCs (desktop, downloading pc, server, HTPC, and 2x laptops), and to have a small Synology Diskstation mainly for managing and recording 8x POE 3mega pixel cameras, the routers and cable model is...
  4. Abula

WTB 2x IBM m1015 flashed to IT firmware

Hi, I'm looking for 2x IBM m1015 but i need them already flashed to IT firmware to be used as pass through for software raid, i know how to flash by my current setups didn't like flashing my current HBAs, so i need them already flashed. PM me the price including shipping to miami/florida...
  5. Abula

Intel SASUC8I, is this setup correct?

Well im finishing my server, and have already flashed both Intel SASUC8I to latest IT firmware, but upon connecting both i get the following screen when the system is booting, Im a little worried about the comment on the screen "Adapter configuration may have changed, reconfiguration is...
  6. Abula

Hitachi Harddisks Thread (5K3000, 7K3000, 7K2000)

@kryptex, thanks again for the firmware for the 5k3000, i just had some time on the weekend to finish the server build and flashed the 8x 5k3000, at first i got worried cause i was using the first Sata II port, but the flashing was coming unsuccessful, but upon checking the message said slave...
  7. Abula

Supermicro X9SCM/X9SCL LGA-1155 Xeon Motherboard Series

I see 5x 4pin mobo fan heathers, none says CPU, i think its Fan1, Fan2, Fan3, Fan4, FanA, is there any that should be used for the CPU or recommended or doesnt matter?
  8. Abula

I heard bad things about WD drives and hardware raid, but what about software raid like system with FreeBSD/ZFS/RaidZ, would WD drives still have issues there?
  9. Abula

Thanks kryptex, ill start flashing the hdds tomorrow, btw the files from the zip on a DOS USB bootable, boot from USB, and just run MLDLBRD.exe file, if promted what firmware, ill chose 5C0 right? Another question, do i have to initilize the disks/format them before i update the firmware? or...
  10. Abula

Im about to install 8x Hitachi 5k3000 HDS5C3020ALA632 (0F12117), some have FW580 and others FW180, before i installed them i wanted to flash them all to the same firmware, from this thread seems to be 5C0, i have wrote to hitachi but havent answered back, so in case someone here still has the FW...