Recent content by aberrant

1. A

New build not getting full bandwidth from SSDs?

I think I just figured this out.. 4 of my drives are Dell drives that are apparently locked to 3gb/s. Investigating if it's firmware or not.
  2. A

New build not getting full bandwidth from SSDs?

I'm building a new FreeNAS server that I'm looking to use for 4k video editing (fast copy/streaming of large files). I've got everything built out and I thought I had it spec'd and designed correctly but I'm seconding guessing myself now since I'm not seeing full bandwidth utilization. Here's...
  3. A

WTB Supermicro 216 with SAS3 Backplane

Thanks everyone, I picked up a cheap CSE-216 chassis and the 216A @mmo provided. Also ordered a couple 9300-8is should be good to go! I appreciate all the help guys, thanks again!
  4. A

Thanks, I meant the 216 chassis for sale on ebay are all SAS2. I may grab a cheap chassis and just replace the backplane with this one though, thanks for the listing.
  5. A

I would be open to that if anyone has one laying around. The ones on eBay are all SAS2.
  6. A

Looking to run an all SSD setup for VMs and 4k editing and having trouble finding a 216 with a SAS3 backplane. Interested in either just a chassis w/ BP or fully built out (minus hard drives). I'm located outside Boston, MA.