Recent content by 101

1. 1

EPYC Milan on Supermicro H11 board?

Gigabyte is the obvious OEM here: MZ31-AR0 rev 1.0 Naples only, no upgrade path Rome, flash rom of MX25L12873F MZ31-AR0 rev 2.0 Naples and Rome parts some limitations due to BIOS ROM size, flash rom changed from MX25L12873F to MX25L25633F MZ32-AR0 rev 1.0 Naples and Rome only up to TDP...
  2. 1

I have a pile of Rome only boards you are welcome to buy at a discount.
  3. 1

Socket SP3 upgrade compatibility has been a complete farce. There is no socket SP3 motherboard/platform originally qualified for 7001 (Naples) series parts that accepts 7002 (Rome) parts There is no socket SP3 motherboard/platform originally qualified for 7002 (Rome) series parts that accepts...
  4. 1

cpu nvme raid with epyc rome?

There is no Epyc UEFI level raid solution for NVMe, have to do it in the OS.
  5. 1

Supermicro 4 node twin - internal SSD

Board looks like an X10DRT-H in a sled for a quad twin. It appears as if the sata power is plugged into the backplane adapter card that runs vertically along the near side of the sled. However, the two options for this board (basic and with sas hba) don't appear to have power connections...
  6. 1

Epyc 3000 platforms beyond mini-ITX

Clearly it has a little extra shelf over itx for all the drive connectors, but congrats to Asrock for pushing the envelope. Where are the slimline PCIe 4.0 x 8 NVME-DOMs? seems like that should be a thing since oculink fizzled.
  7. 1

Updated: 01-23-23 -NVMe SSDs!

Received 32c ES today. Well packed and HWinfo reports as expected, thanks.
  8. 1

Updated: 01-23-23 -NVMe SSDs!

Interested in the 7502 if any are still available, thank you.
  9. 1

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus Ultimate Customization Guide

Thank you for this, read the article and watching the video. I got mine last week, and it has been a nice distraction. Any chance you could post some of the pns/skus of the hardware you tested (i.e. ram/nics)? Thanks.
  10. 1

LGA 3647 discoloration

The soldermask is generally the same thickness everywhere. What you are seeing is ground/power plane pours as well as routing affecting the transparency of the dielectric layers under the soldermask.
  11. 1

FS 2029TP 4 NODE SM LGA3647 BARE 900$ price drop

Are these local pick-up only?
  12. 1

Cheapest vsphere grid gpu without licensing costs from Nvidia

Can you manually load the VIB with community supported level of SW acceptance on 6.7+?
  13. 1

AMD EPYC 7262 Review Low Core Count Huge Caches

Any epyc 7262 benches should include xeon 6234s and 6244s?
  14. 1

Gigabyte R272-Z32 Review This 24x NVMe AMD EPYC 7002 Server is a Home Run

Is the broken forward compatability from 7001 to 7002 parts indicative of a potential small fire sale of 7001 only platforms? Seems like a great homelab niche if the logistics can be managed.