What should I ask when selling this?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tinkerer

Sep 5, 2020
I tore down my server today, I have put up all the U.2 and SATA SSD's up for sale on a Dutch site (is it worth it putting it here as well for EU/NL)?

I have the motherboard, memory and cpu left but I have no idea what I can ask for it?

Its an Asus Z11PA-U12/10G-2S with Xeon Gold 6150 Processor (24.75M Cache, 2.70 GHz) and 192 GB ECC (12x16GB). I also have a Xeon Silver 4210R which I bought new, the Gold is bought used from Ebay a couple of months back.

Any ideas what would be reasonable?

Also I wanted to ask because I guess I am a bit dim, this line:
4. Post one thread only if you have multiple items for sale, for trade, or that you want to buy.

Does that mean, one thread when I have 1 or more of the same item for sale, and I can post multiple threads for different items? Or does it mean simply 1 thread for everything I want to sell?

Cheers!

USER189364

Jul 17, 2020
No problem - The instructions can be confusing. From my understanding and from what I have seen on this site, If you have multiple items for sale (Either multiples of the same item, OR a variety of different items) then they would all fall under the same post.

Generally, as people reach out and Items get sold/you have a deal in place, people will update the original post, striking through the items that have been sold.

Best practice is to have each unique item on its own line in the post, with a any description you wish to have (Like New, Used, any damage) as well as the price. Once that item is sold, use the strikethrough on that item.

Furthermore, it is always good to have a image of each item, even better with a timestamp (basically, within the image include a written note with your username + datestamp, so that people can see it is a recent image that you created, not one just pulled generically.

Always include your location (Either country/city if in EU or country/ZIPcode if in USA), and whether you are willing to ship, and whether that shipping will be free (IE, part of item price) or added on. It is also good to know whether you are willing to ship internationally, or just within country/EU - The price of shipping varies widely. Some people will include this per item (For example, they are willing to ship RAM, but unwilling to ship a server chassis, so that item is local only for pickup)

Hopefully this helps!

Reactions: Tinkerer

mrpasc

Jan 8, 2022
Munich, Germany
I have the motherboard, memory and cpu left but I have no idea what I can ask for it?

Its an Asus Z11PA-U12/10G-2S with Xeon Gold 6150 Processor (24.75M Cache, 2.70 GHz) and 192 GB ECC (12x16GB). I also have a Xeon Silver 4210R which I bought new, the Gold is bought used from Ebay a couple of months back.

Any ideas what would be reasonable?
A good starting point is always have a look at eBay and search for your items. Then use advanced search to include recently sold items to see for what amount they really sold. Dutch marketplaats and it’s German cousins Kleinanzeigen can help as well.
If you want to get the most out of your items sell it on eBay or marketplaats with some patience. If you want to sell here be aware that people here are after bargains so often lower prices are needed to sell.
Fair prices (my personal opinion, others might feel different):
Xeon Gold 6150 100…120€
Xeon Silver 4210R 200€
Z11PA-U12 300…325€

Tinkerer

Sep 5, 2020
I did some searching and I think this would reasonable. I still wonder if I should try and sell it in one go, or whether to split it into multiple deals and risk getting stuck with some memory or a cpu that won't sell.

Xeon Gold 6150 100€
Xeon Silver 4210R 150€
Z11PA-U12 300€
Kingston DDR4 ECC / REG 16GB 30€ a piece, or 300€ for all.
Free Noctua CPU cooler with mobo+cpu

All of the above 750€ ? Would that be a bargain?

USER189364

Jul 17, 2020
I cannot comment on the first three, but right now DDR4 is going for a bit less than what you listed; I have seen 1usd/gig for 2133 Registered, a bit more for higher speeds. 30euro sounds a bit high though.

I think giving the users a choice of which CPU to combine in the deal, and selling the other CPU separately may work. I do not think that a buyer would want two different CPU's if they are going for a build - The only time I have seen combo, multicpu deals are when they are matched processors for a dual proc board.

Tinkerer

Sep 5, 2020
@USER189364 Appreciate the feedback.

And well, anyone is free to ask or send a PM with an offer.

I could bring it down a bit, it is a tad high. The cheapest DDR4 ECC/REG I see here is still a bit over 30 euros a piece. The actual Kingston Im selling is closer to 50 a piece. Its 2666 btw, I should probably mention that. The reason I kept it relatively high for a single piece is because I don't want to sell 1 or 2 pieces, I just want to sell it with the board in one go. Anyone interested can PM an offer. I've accepted offers on the SSD's, the Intels were sold in 1 go to a user here. The Transcends were sold on an offer on another site.

Its just the mobo now and the LSI. I don't actually expect to sell that, its 100 years old ;-).

USER189364

Jul 17, 2020
You would be surprised what will sell; There are homelabbers who use all vintages. I still have some ddr3 systems alive and working, because where I am power is cheap and I have the space and a purpose, but not the spare income to upgrade yet.

Also, posting on places like reddit.com/r/homelabsales to gain more eyeballs may help as well. just be sure to follow there rules, and to update any posts immediately once items are sold.