Supermicro X9DRT-HF Pinout

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

foxxhound

Jan 7, 2024
Bavaria, Germany
Hi Folks,

I have a X9DRT-HF node here and would like to run it as a stand alone server. Since I think the format is great and I already have a place for it. Has anyone here done this before or has a plan for the PIN assignment? I've already figured out the 12 V rail and the GND, it wasn't difficult either.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on the internet and I don't have access to a backplane either, so I can't just look for the 5 V and 3.3 V rail.

Please save yourself the comments like "that's dangerous" or "it's a node and needs to go to a blade center".

Many thanks in advance!

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Don't think Supermicro has 5V or 3.3V on systems like that. Should be 12V only going to the motherboard last I checked.

foxxhound

Jan 7, 2024
Bavaria, Germany
Don't think Supermicro has 5V or 3.3V on systems like that. Should be 12V only going to the motherboard last I checked.
Thanks BlueFox!

Mmhhh, when I apply 12V to the power rail, nothing happens, no IPMI or anything.
That's why I thought that the 5V and 3.3v were still missing. But then they are only created on the mainboard, which wouldn't make much sense to me.

Yesterday I ordered a chassis with a backplate, maybe I'll figure it out.