Review Request: SODOLA 12-Port SFP+ Managed Swich B0B8SJWV2S

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dtremit

Aug 20, 2018
Anyone tried one of these yet? Looks like it is currently down to $199 after a $20 coupon.

Almost certainly identical to the Horaco on AliExpress as it uses the same weird marketing graphics. The otherwise similarly spec'ed Hasivo and POEPLUS have a different layout (and dual AC input) so may not be identical.

I think this may be the manufacturer for these switches — sadly the specs listed don't include details on the chipset. I strongly suspect it's the poorly-documented RTL9313 which is a 12x10Gb variant of the more common RTL9303 chips. The most info I can find on those is on this site which is I believe an openwrt related project.

Michael Stora

Aug 11, 2023
Anyone tried one of these yet? Looks like it is currently down to $199 after a $20 coupon.

Almost certainly identical to the Horaco on AliExpress as it uses the same weird marketing graphics. The otherwise similarly spec'ed Hasivo and POEPLUS have a different layout (and dual AC input) so may not be identical.

I think this may be the manufacturer for these switches — sadly the specs listed don't include details on the chipset. I strongly suspect it's the poorly-documented RTL9313 which is a 12x10Gb variant of the more common RTL9303 chips. The most info I can find on those is on this site which is I believe an openwrt related project.
The item in question is currently not one of the "flavors" on the Amazon listing. I ended up going with a HARACO ZX-SWTG-W218AS.

dtremit

Aug 20, 2018
Oh, that's weird — it was listed as of just a few days ago! Their shop page even still links to that listing for the 10Gb switch.

Michael Stora

Aug 11, 2023
Oh, that's weird — it was listed as of just a few days ago! Their shop page even still links to that listing for the 10Gb switch.
The 12-port SFP+ one is listed again on Amazon.
I ended up going with a Mikrotik CRS309-1G-8S+IN for my main switch, and a HARACO ZX-SWTG-W218AS at the far end of my house to break off a few untagged SubLANs from the main trunk.