Minisforum MS-01 BIOS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Aug 20, 2023
I requested the BIOS from Minisforum for the MS-01 due to an infosec requirement before being allowed to put one of my MS-01 into production.

Anyway, thought it would be usefull to share here in case any of you bios modders want to tinker with it or do some analysis.

This is the 1.17 version which is the 1st bios release for this board:

VendorAmerican Megatrends International, LLC.
VersionAHWSA.1.17
Release date12/14/2023

Name: AHWSA.1.17.bin
Size: 33554432 bytes (32 MiB)
SHA256: 89014ddabee40be51aec9e1c8a08a26464790f1c3cba3bfbaa832463f538be96

Some tools for bios modding available here:

Releases · LongSoft/UEFITool (github.com)

Last edited:

FingerBlaster

Feb 27, 2019
I did poke around and take a look at the bios, I haven't reflashed a modified version yet though. There are a lot of hidden options. I was particularly looking for bifurcation on the PCIE slot but I could not find it. Pretty sure it's just not supported on this mobile CPU.

Aug 20, 2023
I did poke around and take a look at the bios, I haven't reflashed a modified version yet though. There are a lot of hidden options. I was particularly looking for bifurcation on the PCIE slot but I could not find it. Pretty sure it's just not supported on this mobile CPU.
What are you using to look at the bios, this is new territory for me....

stich86

May 24, 2023
Interesting
Can you share some more information on how to mod it and enable hidden settings?

Stock bios is very poor..

simonbohn

Feb 22, 2024
How do you get into the normal bios rather than the graphical one, it's very limited. I have turned off the fast boot so see the AMI bios screen but it still enters the graphical version and I want the normal version.

FreakyBigFoot

Feb 4, 2024
How do you get into the normal bios rather than the graphical one, it's very limited. I have turned off the fast boot so see the AMI bios screen but it still enters the graphical version and I want the normal version.
Are you sure there's anything else? Pretty sure that's just the bios. They're meant to be simple.

spuwho

Jan 10, 2024
On most MinisForum mini PC's you can reach the advanced BIOS menu simply by hitting Alt-F5, Save, Exit and reboot.

The advanced options then appear when you re-enter the settings.

jcbdmd

Feb 16, 2024
Looks like yours was the bare bones version, does anyone know if you have the windows 11 version if the CD key is stored in the UEFI bios? For example if you do a bare metal proxmox install, would a later windows installation on bare metal (or *crossing my fingers* in VM install) still be able to validate with the stored CD key from the bios?

jcbdmd

Feb 16, 2024

Found this thread which paints a rather "complicated" picture, does anyone know if the process is easier with windows 11? Specifically on the MS-01.

I really don't need a Windows 11 Home VM right now, but since one came with the server, I was hoping to play around with it.

garbinc

Jan 25, 2024
Have they updated the bios at all?
I keep asking for a bios and mention Linux then they just don’t provide anything, just say “we do not support Linux”‍

The 10G X710s are not usable, I tried in bond and not bonded, there’s no stability it just stops working properly

Whatever

Jan 27, 2015
I keep asking for a bios and mention Linux then they just don’t provide anything, just say “we do not support Linux”‍
Someone should tell them to update their European website then.

System compatibility: Windows 11 / Linux

Last edited: