Issues with Gowin?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

imthatfluffy

Apr 25, 2024
Hello folks im wondering if anyone else has had issues with gowin recently?

I purchased two GW-BS-1UR2-25Gs for a project from their site and I haven't revived any information in weeks.

When I had originally purchased the GW-BS-1UR2-25Gs David had emailed me informing me that they didn't have the fanned versions and would need to replace them with the fan less, after a quick email exchange I agreed he then said he would send me tracking shortly. That's where the trail goes dark.

Ive now sent multiple emails requesting tracking and other information, I have received zero response. I'm wondering if I should open an issue with paypal at this point. It has been multiple weeks without any update.

Reactions: athurdent

athurdent

Jul 6, 2023
Hi @imthatfluffy ,
thank you so much for this post! I was actually looking into buying that 25G appliance.:eek:
Is there a different manufacturer that offers similar hardware (rack, 25G, n305) you could perhaps find? I have been unlucky so far.
Hope your money was refunded!

imthatfluffy

Apr 25, 2024
I did have my money refunded.

But then after I opened my charge back, suddenly “David” from gowin was able to respond to my emails.

As reportedly he “just got back from vacation from Europe.”

So I sent the funds BACK over (because its paypal) and a week or so later they were in my receiving department.

The products are great! I do seriously enjoy them and they are VERY well built.

Im hoping my experience was a fluke. But watch your order progress carefully.

athurdent

Jul 6, 2023
The products are great! I do seriously enjoy them and they are VERY well built.

Im hoping my experience was a fluke. But watch your order progress carefully.
Awesome, thank you for this update!
As I am looking for something to put into my silenced rack, which nonetheless resides in my office, have the PS noise issues been fixed or is the sound level still unbearable?

imthatfluffy

Apr 25, 2024
As I havent a clue what your talking about in terms of unbearable fan noise im going to assume yes?

I have two of the GW-FN-1UR2-25G the fan less models. Id have to take them out of my very fan filled rack to know for sure but when I booted them in my lab I dont recall any noise at all.

They still aren’t completely fanless but not audible.

Looking back at the STH video my power supply is different, different brand. Mine are AC BEL branded. So maybe.

athurdent

Jul 6, 2023
As I havent a clue what your talking about in terms of unbearable fan noise im going to assume yes?

I have two of the GW-FN-1UR2-25G the fan less models. Id have to take them out of my very fan filled rack to know for sure but when I booted them in my lab I dont recall any noise at all.

They still aren’t completely fanless but not audible.

Looking back at the STH video my power supply is different, different brand. Mine are AC BEL branded. So maybe.
Fantastic ,
your first post mentioned the GW-BS-1UR2-25Gs (which seem very loud according to https://www.servethehome.com/gowin-...-has-everything-including-poe-intel-nvidia/4/ )
Never knew about the -FN- version, thank you for pointing me at that one! :)

imthatfluffy

Apr 25, 2024

athurdent

Jul 6, 2023
That sounds fantastic, any issues with shipping or customs?
Are you by any chance using Proxmox along with IOMMU and SR-IOV with with Virtual Functions for the 25G card?