I ****ed up the server

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sinenkin

Oct 27, 2023
Hello people, I assembled new components for the server and a problem arose
for components
intel xeon silver 4314 ×2
supermicro x12dpl-i6-b
dimm ddr4 64 gb 3200mhz samsung [M393A8G50AB2-CWE]
after assembly, an error appears at startup and simply does not go further, tried to disconnect the old HDD and the new SSD, removed and swapped the memory, as a result, 2 processors without anything gave the same error (in the photo you can’t see the letter AB in the right corner, but I haven’t seen such an error code anywhere) the question is where am I stupid (you can directly insult the case)

Attachments

DavidWJohnston

Sep 30, 2020
Strange error, here are my suggestions:

I'm wondering if the UPI link mode (Inter-CPU interconnect) is wrong in the BIOS set by the previous owner. Perhaps it's hard-set to the wrong speed/frequency, instead of "Auto". If you install only one CPU, will this allow you to access the BIOS and check? (Under Northbridge)

Is the mounting bolt tightening pattern and torque correct? Maybe some pins are not making proper contact.

If you check the error log in the IPMI, is there any additional information?

Good Luck!

Last edited:

sinenkin

Oct 27, 2023
...maybe remove both processors and check for bent pins.
Already did it but had zero effect, the only thing I noticed was that when I started it, cpu-initialization now pops up for literally a second and then the error screen again

sinenkin

Oct 27, 2023

I'm wondering if the UPI link mode (Inter-CPU interconnect) is wrong in the BIOS set by the previous owner. Perhaps it's hard-set to the wrong speed/frequency, instead of "Auto". If you install only one CPU, will this allow you to access the BIOS and check? (Under Northbridge)

Is the mounting bolt tightening pattern and torque correct? Maybe some pins are not making proper contact.

Good Luck!
I tried to do this but I just got zero response through the supermicro program, so I think the motherboard is dead?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Already did it but had zero effect, the only thing I noticed was that when I started it, cpu-initialization now pops up for literally a second and then the error screen again
ok you did, and found bent pins or not ?
have you proper installed the CPUs ??? most people are not brave enough to screw as required.
power supply ? you need both 8pin EPS.
I tried to do this but I just got zero response through the supermicro program, so I think the motherboard is dead?
open a case with the serial of the board.
moboard new ?
processors new ?

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
Have you ran with single socket instead ( in proper socke ) ?
ensure you have memory sticks in correct spots (if you have 2 cpu's they need to equal - both cpu's need at least 1 stick)

sinenkin

Oct 27, 2023

Good Luck!
Perhaps it's hard-set to the wrong speed/frequency, instead of "Auto". If you install only one CPU, will this allow you to access the BIOS and check? (Under Northbridge)
You were right
thanks now it's time to get to the store since it was indicated that the mother is new

Reactions: DavidWJohnston