CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Sep 10, 2015
So, my conclusion is this: The memory issues mentioned by many people here are most likely due to overheating. DDR5 runs very hot and cannot withstand constant memtest load.

As a solution, I placed a 7mm(5mm+2mm) thermal pad between the motherboard and the RAM. I have seen a similar solution in laptops from MSI, where they place thermal pads between the SSD and the motherboard. This cooled the RAM by 15-20°C (!) and works great.
Not always heat related. People here had issues with weaker power supply from Topton failing memtest.

I didn't have heat issues but installed this ram copper heatsink fins for extra cooling. Although, I think the 8010 PWM fan was enough to cool things.

Here are other extras I bought.

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
what is the problem of cwwk 305 nas moster motherboard for that idle power consumition? :mad:

look at this motherboard consumition... odroid h4 ultra

Power consumption
We used our SmartPower3 (see SmartPower 3 – ODROID) to test and measure the ODROID-H4 Ultra power consumption while performing specific activities.
We used an M.2 NVMe storage device, 4K HDMI monitor, Ethernet cable and USB combo keyboard + mouse while measuring the power consumption.
Note that Headless-Idle power was measured with all peripherals removed.
The table shown below and its corresponding chart detail the power consumption we witnessed:
ActivityPower Consumption in Watt
Ubuntu Desktop Booting15.66
Desktop Idle5.9
Headless Idle4.4
CPU stress20.49
4K YouTube play on Chrome Browser15.33
WebGL aquarium demo on Chrome Browser16.33
WebGL + CPU Stress21.03
Power Off0.20
Sleep (Suspend to RAM)1.38
They cared and spent the time to optimize their platform. My i3-1315U 6 port CWWK system uses ~6W when turned off (and it's doesn't seem to be due to the included 12V supply).

MaZy

Mar 17, 2024
Not always heat related. People here had issues with weaker power supply from Topton failing memtest.
Thank you for your response.

I took the temperature, and the DDR5 memory sticks get very hot. I'm concerned that someone might mistakenly blame the power supply. However, in reality, the memory is operating at borderline temperatures and only occasionally produces errors.

If it is indeed related to the power supply, then that's good. Regardless, I recommend replacing the power supplies with proven ones, such as MeanWell.

Here are other extras I bought.
Be careful with this type of SSD heatsink. Some time ago, I applied a similar heatsink to my mother's PC and forgot about it for a year or two. Upon the next PC upgrade, I noticed that the rubber bands had decomposed and the heatsink was hanging on by a thermal pad. If it had come loose, it could have fallen straight into the processor cooler, especially since it was mounted vertically on a MicroATX motherboard.