Asrock Rack 1U2E-C252 Server Barebone Intel Xeon E-2300 and 10th Gen Intel Pentium (LGA1200) C252 - $386.27

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
Seems to idle around 30W with Intel Xeon E-2378G and a SSD
Interesting, so @Patrick tested it with a Quick Sync capable processor, but @autoturk you mentioned it was not Quick Sync capable. Is there something I am missing with this? For the price barebones it is really tempting since my "home media server" was going to be an HPE EL1000 with a Xeon E-2200 series M750 blade but for the same price I can have a dedicated 1U to better fit in my laundry room rack I am building out.

Koop

Jan 24, 2024
"The system does not have the ability to use expansion cards as configured"

Would it work if you replaced the riser? You then can only use sata for the front loading drives? Any idea what you could drop in to use a the expansion slot?

What is the expected use case for this hardware config?

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Interesting, so @Patrick tested it with a Quick Sync capable processor, but @autoturk you mentioned it was not Quick Sync capable. Is there something I am missing with this? For the price barebones it is really tempting since my "home media server" was going to be an HPE EL1000 with a Xeon E-2200 series M750 blade but for the same price I can have a dedicated 1U to better fit in my laundry room rack I am building out.
so the C2*2 chipsets don't allow for taking advantage of the Quicksync capabilities of a CPU unfortunately. It's a chipset limitation, not a CPU limitation

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022