Zotac D2700ITXS-A-E Wifi Supreme, Atom, Mini-ITX Mobo

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by mobilenvidia, Feb 5, 2012.

1. mobilenvidia

mobilenvidia Moderator

While looking for something completely unrelated I came across this great little motherboard.

[​IMG]
    Click for larger picture

Zotac D2700ITXS-A-E Wifi Supreme (click for website)
    Pros:
    Intel Atom D2700 Dual Core running at 2.13Ghz
    NVIDIA GT520 DX11, low end but better than Intel GMA
    Display Port, very cool for a board this size.
    MiniPCIe port with WLAN/Bluetooth card, great for placing this away from router
    2x USB 3.0 ports (but only on back panel)
    1x PCIe 16x mechanical, 1x electrical
    Mini-ITX all this on a tiny board

Cons:
    2x SATA II, NM10 chipset limitation is a bit naff really
    mSATA port shares SATA2 port

I would have been really interested if it came with more SATA ports, it would have been an ideal little home server board.
    The mSATA port being shared with SATA2 port means you can run a SSD but then SATA2 port is no longer available.

It would still make a great little board, add a SSD and you have a very low powered all round motherboard that does almost everything the bigger Mobo's can
    Not readily available yet, but should start shipping very soon.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

That is similar to a lot of the HTPC boxes I have around. I actually want to look at FM1 APUs soon because there are a few cool versions of those and you get a lot more performance.

3. mobilenvidia

mobilenvidia Moderator

Don't know about performance of the FM1 based APU's vs the Atom D2700 with nV GT520
    But the functionality of the FM1 based board is miles ahead of the NM10 based boards

4. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

The Atom D2700 should be around 15-18% faster than the D525, but still very slow since you are talking about a low-power core. On the other hand, the AMD APU's are built around desktop cores, albeit slower CPU architectures than things like the Core i3/ i5/ i7, but have better GPUs.