ZLOG Benchmark is coming

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

james23

Nov 18, 2014
hey that was my thread above, for what its worth that occurred on 3x different 750s i went through (intel RMAs). it was an edge case / unusual, but in the end i found out the cause! (ofcourse AFTER i had bought a p3700 once i had given up on finding the cuase).

the cuase was win10's built in DEFRAG (it showed in gui as off/disabled), but it really was NOT. once i fully disabled it, the issues stopped. (i had already gotten down to 93 of 100 wearout on my p3700 , after about 3 months. since making that change, im already 6 months in and still at 93)

Reactions: Rand__

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
hey that was my thread above, for what its worth that occurred on 3x different 750s i went through (intel RMAs). it was an edge case / unusual, but in the end i found out the cause! (ofcourse AFTER i had bought a p3700 once i had given up on finding the cuase).

the cuase was win10's built in DEFRAG (it showed in gui as off/disabled), but it really was NOT. once i fully disabled it, the issues stopped. (i had already gotten down to 93 of 100 wearout on my p3700 , after about 3 months. since making that change, im already 6 months in and still at 93)
Thanks Windows!

Where's the MeToo movement for non consentual Microsoft updates etc?

Reactions: james23

james23

Nov 18, 2014
Thanks Windows!

Where's the MeToo movement for non consentual Microsoft updates etc?
ha, msft is part of MeToo, as in: I got screwed overnight by xyz forced update? ME TOO! (roars the crowd).

fwiw, on this system i had all win10 updates disabled (via ALL 3 or 4 ridiculous methods you have to go through to fully disable the auto updates). however every 3 months or so i do check the change logs and then update manually (unless i hear of a major sec issue).

so its possible this was caused by one of those updates, or most likely was just a weird gui bug from the start , unique to my system ( i had started with a fresh w10, i never do winX to winY upgrades).

However i have seen this on another system for a client, where a sata SSD was getting eaten way too fast. same fix applied there as well.