ZFS on Linux with Adaptec 71605H?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I know the FreeNAS guys avoid this card because the driver isn't there, but it seems to be supported in Linux. I plan to use CentOS 7 + ZFSonLinux. Anyone have experience with this HBA card and have any feedback with regards to using it with ZFS?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I have some of the newer cards and they work fine on Linux.

Linux is a much larger market if you are talking which OS to support with drivers.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I have some of the newer cards and they work fine on Linux.

Linux is a much larger market if you are talking which OS to support with drivers.
yeah, since i'm going to use ZFSonLinux, i figured this card would work for me, but the FreeNAS guys had such a strong opinion against using this card for ZFS, I wasn't sure if there was perhaps some other reason other than lack of driver in FreeNAS.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
The FreeNas forum members have strong opinions on anything that they don't agree with. I'm just waiting on someone there claiming that they get an extra 150MB/s out of it, cos it's in the official black enclosure, cos as you all know, black is the fastest colour :D:p

Their ranting put me off FreeNas instantly...