Zen3 reviews are out - hail the new King!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
Does anyone know of any ATX or E-ATX boards with IPMI apart from the Asus Pro-WS-X570-ACE?

I know there are MATX and MITX boards out there but I really need a few more pcie slots for HBA's and Mellanox CX3 etc. :)

Mithril

Sep 13, 2019
Does anyone know of any ATX or E-ATX boards with IPMI apart from the Asus Pro-WS-X570-ACE?

I know there are MATX and MITX boards out there but I really need a few more pcie slots for HBA's and Mellanox CX3 etc. :)
Depending on exactly what you need, theres the project to use raspberry-pi as at least KVM over IP.

herby

Aug 18, 2013
Reactions: Waterkippie

Waterkippie

Oct 12, 2017

Don't go for Asus boards with IPMI, i have a Asus X299 PRO/SE motherboard which has IPMI and it's practically unusable, the GUI sucks, is very limited and full of bugs, hardly gets any updates. Also most of the sensor values don't even work, show weird values and alerts while nothing is wrong.

And most importantly, taking over the console via IPMI doesn't work if you have a separate GPU installed, you won't be able to control the mouse and have a black screen.

Stay away!