z690 (adler lake) motherboard with sriov support?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
I am trying to build a sff device which supports pcie gen5 for a use case that involves HSE (high speed ethernet.) I was able to get most of the issues sorted on a gigabyte z690i aorus ultra ddr4 mb with an intel i9-12900k. the current nic card for this test is a mellanox 516a-cdat (dual port 100GE pci gen4). The road block that I am running into is that I can't find a way to enable sriov on this motherboard.
Any suggestions?
jp

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
enable VT-d and use a PCIe slot NOT from chipset ?
Thanks. I did try both (only 1 pci slot as this is a mini-itx) but still no luv with sriov. I was able to set the nic ports to pci-pt but the performance was not that great. I tried different core (P and E) combinations but never really got the performance that I was hoping for.

I think this really calls for a sapphire rapids cpu especially when I get the gen5 nic. the ice lake cpus that I have perform really well but they don't support pci gen5 and I can't find any mini-itx mb (needed for a custom case build).