XS23-TY3 Console Redirection didn't work

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zrdlrofmine

Mar 9, 2014
Hello,
I have 7 XS23-TY3.(28 servers.)

All the server's Console Redirection didn't work at all.(greyed out)

I have tried serval versions of BMC firmware and have the BIOS update to date.

Still can't get the Console Redirection work.

Any idear how to end this issue?
Thank you

Nirvash

Sep 13, 2013
Are the servers DCS version servers? This can easily be checked by seeing if Dell's website recognizes the service tag. If Dell does not recognize the service tag, it is a DCS server, meaning some parts are custom and it may not have console redirection.

zrdlrofmine

Mar 9, 2014
Are the servers DCS version servers? This can easily be checked by seeing if Dell's website recognizes the service tag. If Dell does not recognize the service tag, it is a DCS server, meaning some parts are custom and it may not have console redirection.
Where is the service tag.?
kk thank you

zrdlrofmine

Mar 9, 2014
I found C5B5WL1
Where can i vertify this?

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
Hello,
I have 7 XS23-TY3.(28 servers.)

All the server's Console Redirection didn't work at all.(greyed out)

I have tried serval versions of BMC firmware and have the BIOS update to date.

Still can't get the Console Redirection work.

Any idear how to end this issue?
Thank you
I have seen this issue myself. I suspect that there is a good fix out there, but I don't have it.

In my case, the problem was an expired certificate being served up by the BMC combined with a version of Java on the client set to reject expired certificates. I managed to add an exception to the Java config (instructions vary by platform) that partially fixed the problem. I still have trouble accessing the BMC from some machines and some browsers, however, and wish that I could update the certificate on the BMC.

Update: According to my notes, I also altered my Windows laptop to revert it to allowing 512 bit keys as part of my solution to the problem. The notes don't record how I did this. Oops.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

Last edited:

sag

Apr 26, 2013
I don't know if this has any bearing on the issues you are experiencing but I remember in the big thread that it was discovered that past a certain version in the firefox v20+ range there were issues with redirection.