Xpenology - your account has been disabled please contact your administrator

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ltworf

Feb 12, 2017
can't login:

I had my friends DSM at myplace to insert an addition HD. I booted it up just to make sure it boots then when my friend took it home we can search and find the DSM in the Assistant however when we click to connect url can’t find page. Any suggestions pleaseI had my friends DSM at myplace to insert an addition HD. I booted it up just to make sure it boots then when my friend took it home we can search and find the DSM in the Assistant however when we click to connect url can’t find page. Any suggestions please

upgraded to 6 and reset user = admin now we get “your account has been disabled please contact your administrator”upgraded to 6 and reset user = admin now we get “your account has been disabled please contact your administrator”

ltworf

Feb 12, 2017
Does anyone have an fix for me please I feel bad my friends server is out of comission

ltworf

Feb 12, 2017
is there another type Of Media Server OS you can suggest that is similar to xpenology ?

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
If you have SSH turned on. You can log in as root (with the admin password) and reset the passwd that way.

Any other account with admin access?

Xpenology 6 is based on a leaked beta code. It's called beta for a reason.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
I'd mount one of the drives to a linux instance and modify the password file.

ltworf

Feb 12, 2017
I'd mount one of the drives to a linux instance and modify the password file.
the USB stick that i put the DSM on does that have the file with the password or does it get put on one of my internal drives? What would the password file be named. is it something simple like password?

ltworf

Feb 12, 2017
Based on your response, I'm going to recommend you don't try to edit the password file directly...
LOL Yes I'm a newbie. Do you have another suggestion that I can try. Or is this forum only for advanced people. If so I understand maybe you can suggest another Forum where newbies can get help?

Last edited:

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
You can try something like this:

(Assuming you have a video card in the box, otherwise you might need to boot a laptop off of that USB and do the same thing).