XMR: Moving from Minergate to mineXMR

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

spfoo

May 23, 2017
I've been at MinerGate originaly as well. I can't understand how they can exist still - they steal enormously.
But since I moved to mineXMR I've been following my worker performances there and I see the stats are not matching the hash rates on my nodes. 10-20% seems to be missing. I use individual worker id's for all my nodes so it's easy to track. Anybody else seeing this?
I can see the discrepancy now. It's due to a high amount of expired shares. This is strange since I haven't seen it happening before. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Update: it affects only my more powerful nodes. Strange. 20% expired shares.....

Last edited:

BThunderW

Jul 8, 2013
Canada, eh?
www.copyerror.com
What I have seen the pool assigns a difficulty based on how often you submit shares, if you happen to be lucky the pool will increase the worker difficulty which will cause the worker to take longer to find a share, while that's happening mining a new block will start while the worker is still submitting a share causing that share to be expired. Also, everytime you start a miner the difficulty will yo-yo until it stabilizes causing more expired shares. In all, it should still be a very small percentage of expired shares (<2%)

I can see the discrepancy now. It's due to a high amount of expired shares. This is strange since I haven't seen it happening before. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Update: it affects only my more powerful nodes. Strange. 20% expired shares.....

spfoo

May 23, 2017
What I have seen the pool assigns a difficulty based on how often you submit shares, if you happen to be lucky the pool will increase the worker difficulty which will cause the worker to take longer to find a share, while that's happening mining a new block will start while the worker is still submitting a share causing that share to be expired. Also, everytime you start a miner the difficulty will yo-yo until it stabilizes causing more expired shares. In all, it should still be a very small percentage of expired shares (<2%)
Yes this should be the case and it is for most of my equipment. But for some not. I was able to trace it down to 3 issues: difficulty setting, network connectivity and pool address. I've now set a fixed difficulty for those miners and I switched them to another port on minexmr. Maybe minexmr is getting congested due to the increase of XMR miners. I'll be monitoring this - losing 10-20% shares on a high performance miner hurts the bottomline...

nfsden

Apr 6, 2016
I'll be monitoring this - losing 10-20% shares on a high performance miner hurts the bottomline...
Try another pool: monero.crypto-pool.fr with static difficulty.
What hashrate of your server/node? For machines with hashrate up to 2Kh/s I can recommend to use 25000 diff

spfoo

May 23, 2017
Try another pool: monero.crypto-pool.fr with static difficulty.
What hashrate of your server/node? For machines with hashrate up to 2Kh/s I can recommend to use 25000 diff
Ok thanks - will try it out. My best "nodes" do 950 hs/s. Only CPUs.

spfoo

May 23, 2017
Ok finally found the problem with the large amount of expired shares: it was caused by an internal networking problem. Not related to minexmr at all.

nfsden

Apr 6, 2016
Another one botnet with 3Mh hashrate now sitting on miningpoolhub.
I hate this s*t
they killing profit by increasing difficulty to the moon

yuzmemak

Aug 31, 2017
Hi

I have same problem with expired shares on minexmr.com.

Same machine, one 1050 ti, one rx 470 and i3 cpu.

Result of my monitoring:

Cpu has no expired shares at all. It is working on the port 7777 for mid range.

Both gpu was on the port 7777. But I changed to 3333 after reading this topic. Even with port 3333, still generating expired shares.

After ping machine I see 61ms. Almost all miner' s ping results are 81ms.

When there is no expired shares on cpu, do I need suspect network connection?

What could be the other reason for expired shares?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPad aracılığıyla gönderildi

spfoo

May 23, 2017
Hi

I have same problem with expired shares on minexmr.com.

When there is no expired shares on cpu, do I need suspect network connection?

What could be the other reason for expired shares?
I had in issue with an IP address conflict on my network which caused a lot of expired shares.

yuzmemak

Aug 31, 2017
I had in issue with an IP address conflict on my network which caused a lot of expired shares.
Hi

Thanks for your kindly reply. When do you mean IP conflict, do you mean that your mining computer' s ip conflict with other computer which is using same router?

Do you mind to give some more details. How did you find this conflict?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

spfoo

May 23, 2017
Hi

Thanks for your kindly reply. When do you mean IP conflict, do you mean that your mining computer' s ip conflict with other computer which is using same router?

Do you mind to give some more details. How did you find this conflict?
Yes it means just that - 2 computers using the same IP address on the same network - not necessarily on the same router. My case was a little more complex since a I have more than one routers and "some" mining nodes. Everything was working normally most of the time. I found the problem by re-checking all my configurations. Currently I'm using scripts to setup and launch my miners and I had made a bad copy & paste.

yuzmemak

Aug 31, 2017
Yes it means just that - 2 computers using the same IP address on the same network - not necessarily on the same router. My case was a little more complex since a I have more than one routers and "some" mining nodes. Everything was working normally most of the time. I found the problem by re-checking all my configurations. Currently I'm using scripts to setup and launch my miners and I had made a bad copy & paste.
Hi

Thanks for more information. But it is imposible for me. I have a few machine in the router list. All of them has different ip.

I have googl ing last 3 days. No clue yet.

As far as I understand. My gpu receives more than one block from the server. Until finishing one of them, some body take another appointment for same block.

Is this right for process?

If I understand process of block reservation and submit. May be I can debug and monitor, better.

I couldn't find good source for receiving and sending. For example, do we send data after completing block or we keep continues sending until block finish?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

spfoo

May 23, 2017
Hi

Thanks for more information. But it is imposible for me. I have a few machine in the router list. All of them has different ip.

I have googl ing last 3 days. No clue yet.

As far as I understand. My gpu receives more than one block from the server. Until finishing one of them, some body take another appointment for same block.

Is this right for process?
No the pool accepts your submissions over a certain time limit even after when the block has been found. If you get timeouts it's because something is really wrong. Only in solo mining you "lose" your work when the block is found - unless you found it of course.

On the networking side I assume you are using dhcp. In that case the router gives the IP addresses and there should be no conflicts possible with only one router. But maybe your internet connection is not stable?

Marsh

May 12, 2013
minexmr.com web site is overloaded since the explosion of XMR price.
All kind of screwy problem with their frontend web site.
May be give them few hours before worrying. Their support won't respond for at least 12-24hours.

For me, for no other reason , may be stupid, to have faith in their backend accounting.