EU Xiaomi Mi Smart Compact Projector

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
Hi
I dont know if I could post an Deal for an Beamer?!
I order one for me and I payed 348,99€ (by using the offer Code: PRAKTISCH when I checkout in Ebay on the Payment Process).
Mine should arrive here tomorrow. I would say its a very good deal for an full HD Beamer. :cool:
And no I dont gain any profit by post it here.
Lg

TedB

Dec 2, 2016
They are great! I have one of them and the only downside which I can find is that picture skew adjustment is only available in vertical plane, not horizontal. That means projector has to be directly in front/behind of the projected picture. Otherwise great projector.

TedB

Dec 2, 2016
Mine has USB 2.0, however I have never used it so far. Remote has different finish, although same layout of keys.

My model is: M055MGN

TedB

Dec 2, 2016
@Your name or can you check if you have ability to adjust horizontal picture skew adjustment? In other words can it be placed not directly in front/behind picture which is projected. Mine has only vertical skew adjustment.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Horizontal lens shift is rare in anything but high end projectors. A few models under $3000 offer it now, but it's uncommon and even then will be far more limited than vertical shift. My Sony will give me about half the screen width of horizontal shift, but vertically, I can position the projector above or below the entire screen itself for example.

You're buying a 350€ projector, so don't set your expectations too high.

TedB

Dec 2, 2016
@BlueFox I'm very pleased with mine however technology evolves and something what was out of reach just short time ago can be mainstream now and within reach of average mortals. This projector is a very good example of this, great picture and functionality for very reasonable price. I have one for over a year now and I'm very happy :)

Last edited:

Tcalp

Oct 15, 2020
I'm just curious, 500 lumens is awful for a projector, and with how cheap big TV's are, what's the draw to one of these ?

Guillem

Nov 13, 2017
For me the portability being squarish is a bit inconvenient, to be honest. I prefer more of a flat-shape and if it is portable, having a battery is a very nice addon. Philips has (although at a different price range but I am sure price will go down quick) the picopix max. The version with Android is still very expensive (although in their indiegogo campaign it was around 400) but the picopix max one is way cheaper although no android. Also, portability wise but lower spec, check the also philips ppx4935. I have one unit and it is great: very lightweight (less than 500gr), internal battery for about 2h and has android in it.

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
There are some on aliexpress.com (searching link) and around $405 with free shipping to US.
But the buyers should be very sure on the difference of Chinese version and international/global version before placing their orders.

Zoltan

Dec 18, 2019
I'm just curious, 500 lumens is awful for a projector, and with how cheap big TV's are, what's the draw to one of these ?
500 is not much, but it's LED and it appears brighter than a 500 lumen lamp projector. I have one of these and used it to project a 120" picture on white wall. It was good until I was using it only by evening/night. Replaced it with a Mijia ALPD3.0 Laser only because I got a lot more daytime watching during the lockdown.
I'm still using it as external monitor when I need a multi-monitor setup with my notebook. Perfectly usable in daylight if the screen size is kept around 30"

Downside is lack of zoom or any lens adjustment except focus and digital keystone correction. For the price I still can't tell if there's a better alternative in the solid-state segment.
Portability is a big advantage, it's a size of average smart speaker (Sonos/Heos entry models).