xeon processor e5 2658 v3 vs server motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jurgenautt

Apr 5, 2013
Beniarjo,Valencia (Spain)
hello, I have given a xeon processor v3 e5 2658, I've been looking at some motherboard manufacturers, and do not appear in the specifications of said support processor

my intention was to buy the motherboard asus Z10PE-D16 WS, but I'm not sure to buy this motherboard without having any opinion of someone understood

This processor motherboard that I can use ?, would mount a tower server for VMware ESXi 6.0

Thanks for the help

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
hello, I have given a xeon processor v3 e5 2658, I've been looking at some motherboard manufacturers, and do not appear in the specifications of said support processor

my intention was to buy the motherboard asus Z10PE-D16 WS, but I'm not sure to buy this motherboard without having any opinion of someone understood

This processor motherboard that I can use ?, would mount a tower server for VMware ESXi 6.0

Thanks for the help
If you are using the machine for ESXi you may want to look at other boards that do not have all the features of the workstation board. You will not need the audio and I prefer boards with IPMI so I don't need a separate video card in them.

If you are never planning on going 2 processor you can save even more going to a single processor board.
The X10SRL-F from supermicro is half the price of the Asus board and is more server oriented.

jurgenautt

Apr 5, 2013
Beniarjo,Valencia (Spain)
hello thank you very much for answering, after reading your comments I think I will choose a more service-oriented server model.
I thought the model asus workstation would be better, but I see no
tomorrow I'll contact the wholesaler supermicro and see what solutions offer me, thank you very much to all