Xeon ES/QS Turbo Bins Database

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
Let's get a Turbo Bins database going for all the Xeon ES out there.
By Turbo Bins I mean the maximum clocks ( Turbo Boost ) for all different Active Cores loads.
By having this database going, one can easily see the actual clocks a E.S. Xeon will be running at different active cores. No more wondering if a Xeon ES will turbo boost to 3.3GHz with 4 cores active for gaming, or how fast it'll go with 2 cores active for Photoshop.

Please, everybody with a Xeon ES, take a minute ( or even less than a minute! ) to download AIDA64 install/run it and post a screenshot of the
"CPUID" screen ( be careful to allow all the contents of the "Max Turbo Boost Multipliers" field to show ) from the "Motherboard" submenu category on the left hand side of the program.

see example image:

I will be maintaining a list with all the CPUs added here.

So, what we need is, a screenshot of your CPUID in AIDA64 ( edition doesn't matter, and you don't have to purchase it, the trial is fine ) and also include in your post the stepping /sSpec of your CPU.

Reactions: rrv

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
Starting with my E5-2680 v4 E.S.

CPU Model: E5-2680 v4 E.S.
Stepping: QHV7
Base Frequency (Non-Turbo): 2.20GHz
Turbo Bins:
1 Core active: 26x
2 Cores active: 26x
3 Cores active: 24x
4 to 14 Cores active: 23x

AIDA64 Screenshot:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So here it is again;)

CPU Model: E5-2695 v3 E.S.
Stepping: QFQR
Base Frequency (Non-Turbo): 2.30GHz
Turbo Bins:
1 Core active: 28x
2 Cores active: 27x
3 Cores active: 26x
4 to 14 Cores active: 26x

2017-01-18 09_22_26-AIDA64 Extreme  [ TRIAL VERSION ].png

Reactions: BenchZowner

ranopile

Nov 18, 2016
CPU Model: E5-2666 v3 QS
Stepping: QFSC (M0)
Base Frequency (Non-Turbo): 2.9 GHz
Turbo Bins:
1 Core active: 33x
2 Cores active: 33x
3to 10 Cores active: 31x

upload_2017-1-18_22-53-51.png

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
I don't think this is necessarily needed for QS samples but perhaps for ES1/ES2 samples seeing as how the turbo boosts differ and clock speeds are lower than a QS. However it is an interesting idea but perhaps it should be compiled in something like a spreadsheet like the ES Xeons in the spreadsheet of ES's?
That's what I thought.

Although, I'd like to have all QS specs included since there are some that aren't exactly matching the retail chips, and anyway, it doesn't hurt to have a "verified" db ;)

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
It was a preview sample I had been given a couple of years ago.
Could've been pre-qs.

Anyway, since there's no database with the per core clock speeds available ( unless you have one and I haven't noticed it online ), what's bad according to your opinion to include the QS sSpecs and their corresponding per core turbo bins ?

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
QS information is already available in CPU-World and the respective turbo bins of an actual production sample are available on Wikipedia's Xeon list which are applicable to a QS since they are practically identical aside from microcode and string. Here's an example:

List of Intel Xeon microprocessors - Wikipedia
Not all CPU models are listed with the turbo bins.
And, would it hurt to have every model enlisted regardless ?

I can't help but wonder, arguing ( for the sake or arguing ) over the inclusion of somethings is your passion or contributing ?

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
*specs and values from info I saw on the web*
Which could very easily include errors ( made from OP user ).

On another note, a complete list is simply... better ?
Imagine crawling through taobao, having the list on the second monitor / split-screen and being able to see the individual clocks for each CPU and activity/application at once without having to scroll through wikipedia lists with incomplete entries.

What if it's one or two chips at a very decent price where 1 second can be enough for somebody else to snatch them before you figured out if they suit your needs or not.

p.s. it also serve as an ES1/ES2/QS sSpec match list which will most certainly help avoid ES sold as QS on the web

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
The three questionmarks is the main issue here.
We can't tell what it is unless we have physical access to a QEYK sample.
Could be 4/3/2
but it also could be 2/2/2

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
Missing info is not my thing, but it can be accepted :p

Key point is all the entered data to be verified one way or another.

Stepping to be added ;)

Kat

Jun 26, 2016
E5 2686v3 QS stepping 2 rev R2
On single core it reaches 35x but for 2 or more I'm not sure, I don't have any tool to test.

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
That's what the Remarked as SR1XD on the ebay sale page meant ( they mean the word remarked literally, marked again )