X9SRL-F POSTs only via BIOS recovery process

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Glock24

May 13, 2019
About a week ago my server with X9SRL-F stopped responding so I had to do a power reset. It didn't post, IPMI also didn't work. I powered it off, disconnected the power for a few minutes then powered it on and gave me that error "recovery image not found". Power cycled it again but now no screen. I tried logging into the IPMI and did a power reset from there, this time it booted.

Yesterday I got the same problem but this time it either didn't give video or got stuck in POST code 19. I removed all memory modules and tested each module without success. I needed to get it running so I just swapped the board with the X10SRH-F I had purchased to replace this one but didn't do it until now.

I'll try reflashibg the BIOS on the X9SRL-F via IPMI, if that doesn't bfix it I'll try ordering a new BIOS chip.

Glock24

May 13, 2019
About a week ago my server with X9SRL-F stopped responding so I had to do a power reset. It didn't post, IPMI also didn't work. I powered it off, disconnected the power for a few minutes then powered it on and gave me that error "recovery image not found". Power cycled it again but now no screen. I tried logging into the IPMI and did a power reset from there, this time it booted.

Yesterday I got the same problem but this time it either didn't give video or got stuck in POST code 19. I removed all memory modules and tested each module without success. I needed to get it running so I just swapped the board with the X10SRH-F I had purchased to replace this one but didn't do it until now.

I'll try reflashibg the BIOS on the X9SRL-F via IPMI, if that doesn't bfix it I'll try ordering a new BIOS chip.
The board no longer POSTed and I could npt log into the IPMI, no matter what I did. I disabled the IPMI and it booted correctly. I enabled The IPMI again and it booted every time now and now I could log into the IPMI. I reinstalled the IPMI firmware and reset to defaults. Then tried to rewrite the BIOS but I got the "board Id mismatch" error. I tried with different IPMI firmware version but I always got the error. In the end I managed to write the BIOS under DOS. The board has been working correctly so far.