X9SCM-F Memory Issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Zack Hehmann

Feb 6, 2016
I'm having issues with my X9SCM-F Board registering all 32GB of RAM I have installed. I have double checked to make sure they at seated correctly and even removed and put them back in. I first noticed it when I had System properties open in Windows 8.

I ended up running a few apps to see what the computer was seeing. I don't know what the issues is...

CPU-z shows 32GB of RAM installed and shows 8GB modules in each of the 4 slots. On the other hand you can see that windows is showing 16GB of RAM. I also went into the BIOS and it shows 16GB.

memory issues.PNG

I ended up fixing it by reloading bois defaults and rebooting. I then restored my saved user settings in the BIOS and everything was fine.

Anyone come across this before? It's really bizarre because I know I had 32GB of ram show up a few weeks back and don't know why it changed.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I recently thought I had a dead memory slot but it turned out to be a bad 4GB stick. It was showing as "unknown" and 0GB in SD5. Broke it in half once I determined it was bad.

Reactions: Zack Hehmann

Zack Hehmann

Feb 6, 2016
I recently thought I had a dead memory slot but it turned out to be a bad 4GB stick. It was showing as "unknown" and 0GB in SD5. Broke it in half once I determined it was bad.
I'm surprised that your didn't try and get it replaced by the manufacturer... lol either way

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
For what 4GB modules are going for these days, the postage to send it back would have been more than the replacement module cost. I just picked up 12 of them for 45 bucks.

Zack Hehmann

Feb 6, 2016
Ok, it's happening again. What the hell is up with this...? I have to pull the CMOS battery and flip the PSU switch in order for all 32GB of memory to show up. I then load the saved user defaults in the BIOS. 32GB will still show up after a few boots then just go away. I'm on a different os now. I'm installing ESXi 6.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Zack Hehmann

Feb 6, 2016
I also noticed that additional NICs that I installed wouldn't show up then the RAM was only showing 16GB.

I have the following installed....

Dell PERC h310 HBA
Dell 0VFVGR - (Intel X520-DA2)
Dell 0G174P - (Intel Pro 1000 Dual port Card)

I wonder if it's an issue with the BIOS/IPMI or other related firmware with the board.

I have linked to pictures showing the BIOS/IPMI info...

Would updating to the latest BIOS and IPMI fix this issue? Is there a special order I need to update these on the board?

https://goo.gl/photos/JBtXhn3UZNyHpNMb8