X9SCL-F ipmi not registering console input

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

madLyfe

Jul 18, 2017
my X9SCL-F isnt registering console input from ipmiview or the android app. i get the video feed just fine but any mouse movement or keyboard input doesnt register and the system sends out 5 short beeps. i also cant use the virtual keyboard. i can get input working with the text console when its visible, usually its just a blank/black screen unless its run concurrently with the ikvm. the bios and ipmi firmware were updated and both reset to factory defaults.

here is a video of the board posting and then later when im moving the mouse and hitting the keyboard and you can hear the 5 beeps:

relevant bios configs:

ive been banging my head against this for some time now and i hope its not something silly that i havent checked yet. thanks for any help!

madLyfe

Jul 18, 2017
5 beeps: no USB keyboard connected
I get the 5 beeps on post if I have a physical USB keyboard attached or not. iirc because the 5 beeps on post also signal not having an add-on gpu or igpu. unless you're talking about when I'm trying to send input to the ikvm console and get the 5 beeps, I have no idea why it's doing that but I mentioned it as it might be a clue