x9scl-f chassis intrusion alarm?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dswartz

Jul 14, 2011
Running ESXi 5.0 on this motherboard. ESXi insists there is a chassis intrusion alarm. Looking at the motherboard, there is the default jumper across those two pins. I pulled the jumper off, but it made no difference? There is no setting in the BIOS I can find that disables this. It's kinda of a nuisance, since I want to run a health checking system, but this shows as a CRITICAL alarm :) Any help appreciated!

survive

Apr 19, 2012
Hi dswartz,

I ran into this exact problem with my X9SCL+-F. You can fix it by:

1) Login to IPMI
2) Go to Server Health -> Sensor Readings
3) Hit the Clear Chassis Intrusion Button.

That cleared the error for me.

-Will

dswartz

Jul 14, 2011
Hmmm, my ipmi app doesn't look like yours :( I don't have any "server health" tab/screen. I login and click on "sensors" tab at bottom of screen. Shows me the chassis with a yellow "!" mark. I click on the "clear" button and it says the intrusion alarm is cleared, but esxi still shows it as a warning. Do I need to pull the jumper on the board first?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Do you have a picture? I can't remember off the top of my head if IPMIview 2 has the chassis intrusion reset but if it did that would also be an option.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Ah ha! Did you try the web interface or only IPMIview 2?

dswartz

Jul 14, 2011
No difference. Stays red. Do I need to remove the intrusion jumper on the mobo?

survive

Apr 19, 2012
Hi dswartz,

In the pic, you see the "Sensors" window? Hit the "Clear" button.

-Will

dswartz

Jul 14, 2011
Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. I tried that, no joy. Again, do I need to pull the jumper? Be nice if someone said yea or nay :)

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
Looking in the Manual, the picture of the X9SCL-F has no jumper on JL1, so I say remove it.

None of the X9SCx Mobo's have a jumper as you are supposed to hook it to a microswitch on the chassis ?

With my switch:
Case closed = switch down contacts are open (ie same as no jumper)
Case Open = Switch up, contacts are closed (ie same as Jumper installed)

Remove jumper, reboot

Reset BIOS incase of some setting sticking
Running Latest IPMI FW ? (v1.64 ?)

Last edited:

dswartz

Jul 14, 2011
bingo, thanks! for some reason my board shipped with a jumper in place. maybe that is normal, but seems stupid to me. anyway, i pulled it with needle-nose pliers, hit the clear button, and all green!