X9DRH-7TF SAS2208 HBA firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
Is there anyway I can flash this controller with HBA firmware like you can with SAS2008 based controllers?

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
The fear that I have is I also came across some documentation suggesting not to do that for things like freenas.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
In that case I believe you are out of luck, although I'd be happy to find out otherwise, as I'm using this for vSAN currently.

cookiesowns

Feb 12, 2016
The fear that I have is I also came across some documentation suggesting not to do that for things like freenas.
Because FreeNAS lacks proper up to date drivers for LSI's ROC drivers. However it runs fine elsewhere with proper drivers, and a good firmware version :)

I have a few nodes running simple ZFS mirrors with 2208 in JBOD passthrough mode 0 issues. And a friend of mine just borrowed a few 2208 cards in JBOD mode to recover his ZFS pool on ZoL, so runs good!

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
Because FreeNAS lacks proper up to date drivers for LSI's ROC drivers. However it runs fine elsewhere with proper drivers, and a good firmware version :)

I have a few nodes running simple ZFS mirrors with 2208 in JBOD passthrough mode 0 issues. And a friend of mine just borrowed a few 2208 cards in JBOD mode to recover his ZFS pool on ZoL, so runs good!
Other OS such as what? I have been considering switching to Napp-it since I dont use any freenas features anyway. All it does is host a storage pool.

cookiesowns

Feb 12, 2016
Other OS such as what? I have been considering switching to Napp-it since I dont use any freenas features anyway. All it does is host a storage pool.
Ubuntu + ZoL works great in this case. I think OmniOS has decent support, but I'm not 100% sure.