X9DR3-LN4F+ and PCI-E slot strangeness

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I have a X9DR3-LN4F+ motherboard. It currently has 2x E5-2630 (v1) processors. I am installing a Dell H310 flashed to LSI 9211-8i IT firmware. When I place the HBA in the slot furthest from the CPUs all the way by the chassis wall, the card is not recognized at all; doesn't show up in POST, and 'lspci' in Linux doesn't show it either. If I move it 1 slot over, 2nd slot furthest from the CPUs, it shows up in POST and lspci and works without problem.

I was under the impression that as long as I have both CPUs installed, I would have access to all the PCI-E slots? Am I mistaken?

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Are none enabled in BIOS?
Any weird PCIE settings in BIOS?

I'd reset BIOS to make sure there's so many settings/configurations that affect PCIE devices.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Are none enabled in BIOS?
Any weird PCIE settings in BIOS?

I'd reset BIOS to make sure there's so many settings/configurations that affect PCIE devices.
The BIOS was reset when I flashed the latest firmware. But it's a good point to see what the actual settings are regarding PCI-E. Thanks for the tip... I'll check it out later today.