X9DAX-iF and phantek enthoo pro

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
would that MB fit into that case? I know it will be tight but would it be workable at all?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
You will probably have to do some work to drill new standoff positions, but looking at the pics in this thread Silent/Headless Workstation (X10DRi, 2xXeon E5, Phanteks Enthoo Pro)
There appears to be plenty of room at the top of the board (board in the picture is E-ATX, not EE-ATX) you might have to do some work routing your power cables too.
The question is which ones of those standoffs on X9DAX-iF are similar to E-ATX and also similar relative to the pci-e slots. if there are enough similarity, i might not need to drill any additional holes and just invert some of the standoff to provide support underneath the MB without the need to have to hold down the board by needing to be screwed down if there's enough of other similar positioned standoffs in strategic places.

It does look like i will have to drill the 3 holes along the same side as the psu connectors?

Last edited:

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
i just measured it out. It looks like the top edge holes for the EE-ATX board barely rest over the metal part of that case. its going to be very close.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
A couple of pics of big boards in a Enthoo Pro case just for reference.

First is a Asrock Rack EP2C612 WS SSI-EEB sized motherboard. I had to use one of those plastic stand off's since it was missing a hole for a screwin one. The RX480's have been replaced by a GTX 1080 Ti.

Second is a Asrock Rack EP2C602-4L/D16 SSI-EEB motherboard and it had all the holes in the correct places.

Last edited:
Reactions: TType85

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
X9DAX-iF not your typical 12 x 13 in EEB MB. This is 13.68 x 13 in! That's over 1.5 inch added to the top. it looks to me like they added more space to the top of the board to keep the bottom and PCI-E slots to more standard specs.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
More pics.

Phanteks Entho Pro:
You have just shy of 2.5" of clearance without using a 140mm or 200mm fan on the top inside of the case, you can still get a little creative and mount two or three smaller fans offset away from the motherboard and maybe also use low profile ram, up to three 120mm fans might be doable.

I use a single 200mm fan which would not work.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Yep, but i am wondering if those built in holes for cables at the top will now be right where the custom holes i need to drill will need to be... those built in hole for cables might also get in the way of just having an inverted standoff even without drilling.

As there is one cpu and cooler at the top, i will have no choice but to probably drill at least one hole for a screwed down of at least one of the MB three top edge holes.

realtomatoes

Oct 3, 2016
A couple of pics of big boards in a Enthoo Pro case just for reference.

First is a Asrock Rack EP2C612 WS SSI-EEB sized motherboard. I had to use one of those plastic stand off's since it was missing a hole for a screwin one. The RX480's have been replaced by a GTX 1080 Ti.

Second is a Asrock Rack EP2C602-4L/D16 SSI-EEB motherboard and it had all the holes in the correct places.

What coolermaster hsf are those?
Contacted coolermaster supports asking them if the had hsf that supported narrow ilm, support says they got none.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
What coolermaster hsf are those?
Contacted coolermaster supports asking them if the had hsf that supported narrow ilm, support says they got none.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
212 EVO's, probably their most popular one, but that motherboard takes the standard not narrow heat sink.

Last edited: