X8DT6-F Not Booting

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Hans Gelpke

Dec 2, 2017
System Specs:
MB: X8DT6-F
CPU: 2x Intel Xeon L5640
Memory: SAMSUNG 24GB (4GBx6) PC3-10600R ECC REG DDR3 M393B5170FHD-CH9
PSu: Corsair: CX450 with 8-pin splitter

I am putting this system together and it turns on after a CMOS reset but that seems to be the end of it. There are no beep codes and it doesn't post video. I'm not sure where I can even start troubleshooting since this is all from used ebay parts and I'm not sure if I have bad hardware or if there is a setting somewhere that is stopping my progress.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Are you able to login to IPMI? Is that not even getting dhcp address. Also check if the jumper is set to disable IPMI.

Assume you have already checked the VGA jumper setting. if the onboard video is not functioning, you may need a a PCIe 1x VGA card. Don't know if the board allows the standard PCIe 16x.

If you remove all the memory and turn it on, you should get 5 beeps. Then just add 1 stick and try.

Check if the Front Panel cable connected properly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wilko Apperloo

Dec 3, 2017
Try booting with a 5500 series Xeon CPU. If that succeeds, update the BIOS/firmware with the latest version. If that succeeded, put the L5640 back in.