X8DAL not start Windows 10 after Bios upgrade

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Szabolcs

Feb 25, 2020
Hi all, I made a matherboard and processor replacement on my Workstation to increase performance. Replaced an existing X8DTLi with dual Xeon 5520 processors by a new X8DALi mother with dual Xeon 5672 processors. Made an Bios Update using Superdoctor5 and installed the Bios 2.1 version using the X8DAL31.C30 file downloaded from Supermicro Webpage. The update was made correctly, no error messages. Run the Bios setup, all drives and CD roms are detected as ok on the Bios setup. After save and exit, rebooted the PC. It was impossible to start the installed Windows 10 Professional program: a message "can not detect system drive" appears . Tried to start with another SSD drive with Windows 7 Professional installed on it. Same result.
Windows 7 run a problem detecting app. but was unable so offer an appropiate solution.
Question: Did I something wrong in the Bios setup or what can cause this problem?.
I made a Technical Assistance request to Supermicro and recieved a laconic answer: this Motherboard is EOL.

Installed components:
Supermicro X8DALi mobo
dual Xeon 5672 processors
24Gb. ECC Reg. DDR3 1330 RAM, in 6x 4Gb. modules. Hynix.
Samsung 860 SSD 256 Gb. as system drive
2 Western Digital 1Tb. HDD archive drives.
Video: AMD Radeon 5770 card.
1 PCI - USB2 ports add on card
1 PCIe- USB3 add on card.
1 external Western Digital Easystore 10Tb. drive for backup purposes

alternative SSD tested wit Windows 7 Pro: OCZ Vertex3 256Gb.

Would appreciate if somebody cuold give me a solution for this problem.

Kind regards, Szabolcs

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Did you check if the boot sequence is correct after the bios update?

Szabolcs

Feb 25, 2020
Did you check if the boot sequence is correct after the bios update?
Yes, set to boot with SSD as first priority: no result. Second attempt set CDrom as first prio and SSC drive as second prio. : same result.