X11SDV-4C-TP8F $449 - claims "new"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
After seeing the recent posts on the main site (https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-e300-9d-4cn8tp-review-a-4x-10gbe-and-4x-1gbe-server/ and https://www.servethehome.com/intel-xeon-d-2123it-4-core-8-thread-embedded-cpu-review/) I out price hunting and noticed somebody dumping a bunch (more than 10) X11SDV-4C-TP8F. Ad claims these are "brand new" but looks more like used re-packed in original packaging. In any case, its a decent deal.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I bought one of these recently from this seller. They had listings for New and Opened Box so I'm not really sure on the actual state. I will say my "New" one arrived looking pristine including the quick start diagram. The board was default settings and had no dust. In the end it didn't really matter to me that much if it was new though.

Reactions: PigLover

abq

May 23, 2015
After seeing the recent posts on the main site (https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-e300-9d-4cn8tp-review-a-4x-10gbe-and-4x-1gbe-server/ and https://www.servethehome.com/intel-xeon-d-2123it-4-core-8-thread-embedded-cpu-review/) I out price hunting and noticed somebody dumping a bunch (more than 10) X11SDV-4C-TP8F. Ad claims these are "brand new" but looks more like used re-packed in original packaging. In any case, its a decent deal.

This is the same $449 BIN & free shipping I told you about earlier;). ...As I mentioned to you yesterday, I tried to delay announcing on this deals thread, since you said you had 2 to list for sale. I'll assume both of yours sold now, congrats :)

Last edited:

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
This is the same $449 BIN & free shipping I told you about earlier;). ...As I mentioned to you yesterday, I tried to delay announcing on this deals thread, since you said you had 2 to list for sale. I'll assume both of yours sold now, congrats :)
Just my -4C board is sold. The -12C board is still available, but its really a different price class. I posted this thread at the same time as I listed mine. Probably a bad choice if I wanted maximum price but, WTH, I'm a believer in full disclosure! :).

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
Just my -4C board is sold. The -12C board is still available, but its really a different price class. I posted this thread at the same time as I listed mine. Probably a bad choice if I wanted maximum price but, WTH, I'm a believer in full disclosure! :).
And they say chivalry is dead, good on you !

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
I almost bought one of these for pfSense, but Im thinking I may regret not having Quickassist.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Interesting. I thought they did. They even sell a QAT Accelerator. Maybe that's the chipset they support.
Yep, the card has said obscure chipset. No support for Atom C2000/3000 or Xeon-D unfortunately however. The drivers are not the same apparently. Everything is supported under Linux, but alas pfSense is BSD.

Reactions: StevenDTX

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Hey now... don’t make fun of that “obscure chipset”, I was thrilled to find one cheap [27$ incl shipping for a yottamarked Intel 8950]on eBay the other day. Can’t wait to give it a try :0)

Op + Others- thanks for posting this. (My real reason for posting was to say thank you!)

abq

May 23, 2015
Yep, the card has said obscure chipset. No support for Atom C2000/3000 or Xeon-D unfortunately however. The drivers are not the same apparently. Everything is supported under Linux, but alas pfSense is BSD.
Quick question, hopefully does not derail thread;). ...Did I miss something for the Atom C2758 series CPU QAT function? ;) I have not seen any applications or software packages actually use the QAT feature on Intel Atom C2000 series CPUs. Did I miss some Linux application that actually uses C2000 series QAT (e.g. 'Everything is supported under Linux')? ...Would be great to actually play with that long promised QAT feature, even if older version (yes, C2000 series was unique QAT implementation & would be unique driver).

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Quick question, hopefully does not derail thread;). ...Did I miss something for the Atom C2758 series CPU QAT function? ;) I have not seen any applications or software packages actually use the QAT feature on Intel Atom C2000 series CPUs. Did I miss some Linux application that actually uses C2000 series QAT (e.g. 'Everything is supported under Linux')? ...Would be great to actually play with that long promised QAT feature, even if older version (yes, C2000 series was unique QAT implementation & would be unique driver).
While I have no firsthand experience, you can download the drivers and documentation here: Intel® QuickAssist Technology

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Why? pfSense doesn't support QAT (except for an 8 year old obscure chipset) and has no real plans to add it last I checked.
Sorry don't mean to be rude, but that is not correct.

Support was added in the recently released 2.5 plus edition, as per the announcement post on their blog:

As it is only for pfSense plus, at the moment QAT support is only for Netgate devices, but they did mention in a different blog post that they are planning to make plus available for non-netgate devices (at an additional cost) in the not too distant future.

EDIT: Thought I would include a quote from the blog post about plus for non-netgate devices:

The good news is that we also plan to make pfSense Plus available to work on non-Netgate hardware in late 2021, not just our appliances, and we plan to make the licensing of pfSense Plus completely free for home, hobby, and lab use.

Reactions: StevenDTX

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Sorry don't mean to be rude, but that is not correct.
In my defense, they announced that within a few hours of my post, so I think my info was current at the time. ;)

I'm a bit surprised as all the comments I had seen from the development staff prior to that indicated no plans to support it. Still need to wait the better part of a year to actually use it though. Guess it's something to look forward to as my home router is Atom C3000 based.

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
In my defense, they announced that within a few hours of my post, so I think my info was current at the time. ;)

I'm a bit surprised as all the comments I had seen from the development staff prior to that indicated no plans to support it. Still need to wait the better part of a year to actually use it though. Guess it's something to look forward to as my home router is Atom C3000 based.
Mine is C2000 based, which is why Im looking for a replacement.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
This looks really cool as a possible OpnSense replacement. Not sure I'd be seeing much gain over my xeon v3-1240v3 I'm currently using with 10GB nic & hardware passthrough in KVM. A single 10Gbit/s nic with 802.1q is more than enough for me. Interesting deal, indeed though. I love seeing these boards with lots of great networking connectivity. Also, it appears this is FlexATX. I'm unfamiliar with FlexATX. Will this work in any ATX Case?

Last edited:

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
What’s wrong with C2000?
Its old. And it cant really support 1Gb routing, which wasnt an issue when I deployed it however many years ago. Now, I can get FiOS 1Gb up and down and need the hardware to properly support it.