X10SRH-CF won't power up

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mimino

Nov 2, 2018
Hey guys,

Got this problem with my new "used" X10SRH-CF, I can't get it to boot.
IPMI works, but when I try to power on the system only the fans start spinning and I see a short red LED blink, nothing else, no beeps etc.

I tried:
- removing the CMOS battery
- removing all the RAM
- BIOS recovery from IPMI
- resitting CPU (it's hard to get it wrong but still)
- 3 different power supplies, not server grade but EPS12V compliant (supposedly), like Corsair RM550x

What's strange is that the power LED is OFF. As per manual, power LED ON indicates "System on, or System off and PWR Cable Connected". So it's like telling me that the power cable is disconnected.

Does anyone have any clue what might be wrong here and what else to try? I'm desperate here, since I know @frogtech has sold all of his boards and if this one happened to be DOA ...

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
I bought a supermicro chassis with a X10SRW-F and all the bells and whistles from @frogtech, which was advertised on the forums as on latest bios and IPMI.

He asked me to pay PayPal as friend/relative and I obliged because he said it would cut into "shipping costs". No problem, he's an active user here, sold a couple gear here....only happy to help out a fellow STHer.

When I got the chassis (came in original box and really well packed, really good condition), it wouldn't power on at all. I thought, let me try IPMI (asked him if it was DHCP and he confirmed). After losing my mind, finally thought to use Wireshark and was able to get the static IPMI.

Okay...so I'm in impi..everything is not on latest bios/firmware...I try v3 and v4 chips...wouldn't boot. I tried bunches of differet ram modules, wouldn't boot....tried CMOS clear...wouldn't boot.

Worst part is, I kept @frogtech posted on my attempts and he just stopped responding...so I finally wrote...wow, really not even gonna response???

Okay...so I got unto supermicro support...that didn't help either...they recommended I do a RMA.

Ended just getting another X10SRW-F board at a really good price..still waiting.

This happened some weeks ago... thought long and hard about writing this up, but didn't want to cause any confrontation...However, seeing someone with the similar issue....I just thought I needed to post this..

Bought gear from a few people on here and had all positive experiences.....except for @frogtech.

mimino

Nov 2, 2018
That's not a pretty story to say the least. I feel for you @zack$. So far the seller has been pretty good with responses. I keep him updated on my progress, or rather lack of it. He already suggested I ship the board back to him, so I can't really say anything bad except that this darn thing could've been tested before shipment of course! But then again, I wasn't convinced the board was a toast so decided to seek some help.