X10SRH-CF not posting

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JCH

Jan 2, 2017
Hi all.. this is the first time I've had this issue with any server I've built.

At first boot, everything seemed fine, I didn't have a display plugged in but I assumed it was fine. I went to plug in a VGA cable and couldn't get that to work, so I power cycled the server. The display came on however, I was greeted with these 3 errors in IPMI and BIOS.

Failing DIMM: DIMM location. (Correctable memory component found) (DIMMD1)
Memory signal is too marginal. (DIMMA1)
Failing DIMM: DIMM location. (Uncorrectable memory component found) (DIMMC1)

I decided to pull all the RAM sticks off the motherboard and try one in each slot to make sure it wasn't the sticks themselves. After turning off the server, and inserting all the RAM sticks at 4 different times, I was always greeted with zero video output and zero motherboard beeps. IPMI loads, no errors in IPMI, however the RAM detected under hardware shows only 8GB rather than 16GB. I cannot get the KVM on the IPMI to work either.

I tried putting all 4 sticks back on the motherboard and the server still won't post. No beeps, nothin.

I've tried reseating the CPU and honestly am defeated. Anyone know if this might seem like a CPU, motherboard, or RAM issue?

(I don't have any other RAM or CPUs compatible to test this motherboard with :/)

Okay I believe that it's the board that is dead. I took out all the RAM sticks and the server won't even 'beep' due to no RAM sticks installed. IPMI still shows 8GB RAM even though I removed them all.

Last edited: