X10SRA-F D4 -PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Panamax

Nov 27, 2016
Good day,

i am running above mentioned motherboard with a E5 2698 V4 ES CPU without any issue for some time, having 3 GPU´s installed on X1 Risers.

I now wanted to add another 3 GPU´s to occupy all 6 PCI slots. As soon as i add any more than 3 GPUs , the motherboard wont post and the post code is b4 along with 8 beeps...

The related error is PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources

i hope i can find anybody here that could guide me to the solution to make all 6 GPU´s running without the mentioned resources errors...

Thank you & have a nice day!
...Max

William

May 7, 2015
I believe 3 is your limit with that board. You will be maxing out PCIe lanes with 3, that is why you are receiving this error.

Are you trying to use these cards to display video ? or just number crunching ?

Windows can only use up to 28 video sources, count the number of video out ports on each GPU.

I ran into this issue on a ASRock server
ASRock Rack 3U8G-C612 8-Way GPU Server Review

Your issue is different I believe, the motherboard/CPU is not capable of handling more than 3 GPU's.

Panamax

Nov 27, 2016
I use the GPU´s solely for number crunching (Ethereum mining)... i know its crazy to use a 300+$ motherboard with a 600$ CPU, but thats what i had laying around...

i have the GPUs connected to X1 Risers, so all i need would be 6 x1 PCI connections...

William

May 7, 2015
Sent you a PM, let me know if that works.
It might not.

Have you set Above 4G decoding in the BIOS, if it has that ?

Panamax

Nov 27, 2016
Good day all together...

Thanks to Williams advice, enabling 4G decoding made my OS Boot with all 6 GPU´s attached, however as of now i have not been able to let W10 recognize my two different GPU models, and drivers are not loading and W10 is crashing...