X10sl7

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kc73837

Nov 3, 2013
This might be a very noob question so please have patience on this one.

I got the X10SL7 board and plugged 3 sas drives through the LSI controller. I never used a raid controller before and I was told that I can just press ctrl + c to go into the controller menu and make the appropriate adjustments.

So I plugged in my SAS drives, installed Windows 7, and in Windows, it doesn't recognize any of my drives. I went into the LSI controller menu (ctrl + C), and applied Raid 10 and it recognized all my drives in the LSI controller menu. Then when I go back to Windows, it still doesn't see my drives.

One thing i realized that in device mamanger, SAS Controller driver is not properly installed with that yellow exclamation mark.

I tried installing the LSI driver downloaded from Supermicro website, the MegaRAID Storage driver, but i don't think that's it. I don't see any other driver for the LSI controller.

Can anybody please advise how I can make this work? How can i get windows 7 to recognize my raid drives? Also, if i don't want to use raid, how can i just get windows 7 to recognize the individual drives?

Thanks~