x10sdv & Riser Cards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kapone

May 23, 2015
I have a X10SDV-4C at the moment and would like the ability to add an X520 network card and an HBA if possible. In looking at the options, that you guys have posted works, and the side mounting of RSC-R2UT-2E8R would not fit in any of my current chassis. My chasiss consist of the 503/4-203B, 512L, SC826, or SC846. The dream would be to pack 2 PCIe cards into one of 1U flavors some how!

What chassis are you using with this riser?

The ARC2-PELY423 flavors looking interesting but haven't seen those in any of the SC series chassis yet. Thoughts?
You can pack not just two but THREE pci-e cards in a 1U chassis. However...you have to have the right chassis and the right motherboard. For supermicro it means, a UIO/WIO motherboard and one of their 1U/2U chassis that is UIO/WIO compatible.

These chassis (1U) support two full height/full length cards and one half height/somewhat full length card. Makes for really sweet systems, and with the 1U fans/layout, the cards actually get plenty of airflow.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
Interesting read on some of those WIO systems for sure so thanks for the info. I probably should have been a bit more specific and mentioned one of the chassis that we already own but I suspect a fair amount of modifying the chassis would need to happen.