X10SDV-4C-TLN2F $229.90

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

applepi

Jun 15, 2013
Buddy saw this board, seems like a pretty good deal for a Gateway/NAS board.

Hope someone can find use for this,

Happy servering,

Reactions: Marsh

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Reactions: rnavarro and JamesL
Jul 14, 2017
According to your link, the issue was with the 12 core and the board linked is the 4 core version.

I've never had any issues with the 4 core model I've had for several years.

Also the link had fixes for the issue in any case.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
I have had issues with both the 4 & 6 core version - but I think its a cooling/firmware issue - I just never managed to fix it even with SuperMicro's help. But I am happy its not all of the boards that was bad.

986box

Oct 14, 2017
Had the listing on my watch list for a while. Good to know that’s rock solid.

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
I had this board and had to get rid of it - it was plagued by extremely unstable ipmi & 10G connection drops - on paper its awesome, but these Xeon D boards can be challenging.
I was the one who bought you the 2 boards (and you disclose every problems they had). I assume it was an overheating problems so I manage to have a new heatskink for the CPU (+ noctua 60mm fan) and a noctua 40mm fan on the ethernet chipset. Both fan runs at max speed but are inaudible in rack. Temps are good and I never encounter any network drop of CPU inconsistent behaviour.
The board are not stresses as they mainly runs ESXi7.

Thanks again for the opportunity !

S.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
I was the one who bought you the 2 boards (and you disclose every problems they had). I assume it was an overheating problems so I manage to have a new heatskink for the CPU (+ noctua 60mm fan) and a noctua 40mm fan on the ethernet chipset. Both fan runs at max speed but are inaudible in rack. Temps are good and I never encounter any network drop of CPU inconsistent behaviour.
The board are not stresses as they mainly runs ESXi7.
Perfect :) I am happy you managed to get the issues solved.

Subatomic

Mar 23, 2020
Just received the same board from Ebay, but with the 1521 and active cooling for around the same price. I just got it installed in an m-itx 8-bay SAS case. I just installed TrueNAS and hope to do some testing this week. So far so good. From what I have read I would suggest getting the active cooling solution unless this is going into the approved SM case.

fruitcake

Jun 17, 2013
I have a fleet of about 200 of these at work and 5 ewasted ones in my personal rack. They are rock solid no issues with ipmi or the 10g ports. Bloody brilliant boards and total power draw of less than 90w with 128gb ram and 8.5tb of SSD in our work setups

May 4, 2015
Just received the same board from Ebay, but with the 1521 and active cooling for around the same price. I just got it installed in an m-itx 8-bay SAS case. I just installed TrueNAS and hope to do some testing this week. So far so good. From what I have read I would suggest getting the active cooling solution unless this is going into the approved SM case.
I would actually be interested in know what case you went with. I have two of these boards currently for lab stuff.

Subatomic

Mar 23, 2020
I put this in a Supermicro CSE-826 with a a 12x SAS backplane that I got off Ebay for less than $200. I replaced the fans with the lower noise versions the 2x920W PS with 2x740W to cut down on the noise. It lives in my garage and is fine there even when I am out there working on projects, but I wouldn't want this in my office.

RchGrav

Aug 21, 2015
I would actually be interested in know what case you went with. I have two of these boards currently for lab stuff.
You could also go with something like the E300 and use an HBA to connect to a couple 8 bay towers ...
It's viable for a home lab if you don't have 4 port racks and want something with a noise profile like a standard tower pc

ru me

Jun 2, 2018
The Intel Ethernet drivers for the 552/557 ports are not supported on win10 pro. They can easily be forced to install by pointing the device manager to the appropriate location. Anybody knows whether there is any downside to doing this?

derrley

Aug 4, 2021
Dang, it actually looks like a reasonable price (I have an old Fractal Design mini ITX NAS in which the board died). Someone stop me I shouldn't be buying...
I was in the same boat -- Fractal Design Array R2 with an old supermicro X7SPA-H (Atom d510). Finally pulled the trigger on one of these last night on ebay for $220. There seems to be a continuous stream of them getting listed. I guess folks are upgrading? I'm excited to see how it fares. My old atom wasnt even able to saturate a gigabit link with either reads or writes to a raidz2.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
If possible, I'd love to know what if any pcie bifurcation options are available on this board with the latest BIOS loaded.
I have read reports that the latest BIOS for X10SDV has a full boat of splits but the post and screenshot did not specify which model other than x10sdv.

would anyone who has one of these be willing to reboot and take a look?

I am considering this board rather than an asrock rack 246 for a unas nsc-800 I have (will be using additional fans either way).

many thanks in advance.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
The manual for it says x8/x8 for an x16 slot.
thanks, I've read the manual and knew that but some other site/forum threads talk about additional bifurcation modes being available in later/latest BIOS so I was looking for confirmation.

Mine has two x8 slots and no mention of bifurcation.
Are you talking about the board in this thread? I'm not sure how you physically fit two x8 slots on an mITX board.