X10SDV-4C-7TP4F Post Code 00

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nickmade

Mar 8, 2011
Just received this board last week for a new build and not having any luck getting it to POST. The memory using is 2x Samsung M393A4K40BB0-CPB 32GB. Stuck at PEI IPMI Initialization message regardless how long I leave it on. Cannot get into the bios but IPMI works. Tried unplugging everything besides power and memory but make no different. BIOS and firmware are up-to-date. If I disabled BMC/IPMI using the jumper then it display "system initializing ..." with 00 at bottom right corner. Thinking it may be a bad board so I got it replaced but second board also showing same POST messages. Could this be memory compatible issue? This is my first DDR4 board and I don't have another Memory to test it with. Is this POST code related to memory or just a bad board ? Thanks

image.png

nickmade

Mar 8, 2011
Firmware is on 3.3.1 (latest). I did try their support but the person I got wasn't very helpful. All he said was to use tested memory on list. I asked what code 00 mean since this is not typically memory error code but he keeps referring back to using tested memory. I think a forum member on here used same board and memory here without issue so don't know why it's not working for me.

X10SDV-4C-7TP4F (Xeon D-1518) Build

QueBall

May 28, 2015
Move it to the other pair of slots. You probably have it plugged into the secondary bank slots or one in each.

Forget which colour is which, but one pair is blue and the other is black. Make sure you plug your pairs into the same colour of slot not one in the blue and one in black. For some reason I think the blue slots are to be used first. It's in the manual.

When you leave 2 empty you MUST use the primary slots.

Netwerkz101

Dec 27, 2015
Firmware is on 3.3.1 (latest). I did try their support but the person I got wasn't very helpful. All he said was to use tested memory on list. I asked what code 00 mean since this is not typically memory error code but he keeps referring back to using tested memory. I think a forum member on here used same board and memory here without issue so don't know why it's not working for me.

X10SDV-4C-7TP4F (Xeon D-1518) Build
I could have sworn that the memory you have was on their tested memory list.
Not!!!

I have a few X10SRI-F boards + an X10SDV-TP8F and they all run that memory.
When I checked for my exact model X10SDV (which is really same as your +- features),
I was surprised it wasn't there ..... but it was listed as test for the X10SRI-F boards.

So...while not on their tested list (X10SDV), I have the same memory and it is working fine.
I have 2 32GB modules in the BLUE slots (ref QueBall).

My X10SDV-TP8F info for reference:

Firmware Revision : 03.31
Firmware Build Time : 03/25/2016

BIOS Version : 1.0
BIOS Build Time : 04/07/2016
Redfish Version : 1.0.1

nickmade

Mar 8, 2011
For some reasons it did not work with this Samsung model so I ended up buying the Hynix 2x 16 gig module from their tested list and now it boot up fine. I'll just need to remember to use what tested for future build to save me some headaches. Thank you both for your replied.

ioan

Nov 2, 2016
I have such situation today. Solved by replacing memory modules (i've installed LR-DIMM modules, which isn't supported by supermicro xeon-d motherboards) - have installed Registered DIMM module instead, now system boots fine.