WTS: [Updated] XFX Rx480 (6 pieces) ETH mining rig

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gotchu

Apr 25, 2016
Hi guys, I have a 6-Rx480 ETH mining rig for sale. Want to move on to 1080ti for dual mining and machine learning. The cards are from newegg. See this link XFX Radeon RX 480 DirectX 12 RX-480P8LFR6 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card - Crimson Edition - Newegg.com.

Specs:
1. msi z170a gaming m5 * 1
2. xfx rx480 * 6
3. Rosewill 4U case (ready to put in a colocation center if you feel like to)
4. G3900 CPU
5. kingston 4 Gb ram
6. EVGA 1300w G2 PSU(able to handle up to 7~8 RX480 without a problem. PSUs are hard to get these days...)
7. some add-ons to the case

I have multiple rigs. They vary from each other. That's why I am not quite sure the exact spec of the rig I am selling. Will check it out when I get home later today. Pics will also be added. This one resides in my bedroom and it keeps me "warm" during chill california night(sarcasm) for about a month now~~~Time to say goodbye to him. Hosting multiple rigs at home in California is not electricity-friendly. 40 cents once passing the lower cost tier(which is not cheap anyway, 20+ cents/kwh) limit. But hey I can still profit at that electricity cost. Isn't that crazy...

170-180mh depends on the overclocking you prefer and the OS you are on. I usually run it at 170mh as the fan will not ramp up under that load in linux. I don't want to have a jet-plane like rig in my house. If you don't mind the fan noise, feel free the squeeze some more hash out of it. Windows has convenient softwares to tweak the freq/volt stuff. Rig can stay cooler under windows.

Don't have an estimate price yet, cause not sure the exact specs of that rig. If you are interested, PM me now or later when I post the pics and price.

Ship to everywhere as long as you show a good rating of some sort.
==========================
Updates on pics and price:
The cards now on ebay auction for over $400 used. I take 10% off that since ebay charges around 10% for commission. That comes out to $360 per card. The rest stuff I'll just sell them around the price I bought in the first place(plus you'll get some add-ons and a ready to go system if you prefer linux). The total comes to $2800+shipping.

The rig is in my bedroom. Air flow is not good inside here. So I have a stand fan blow at the cards to make some air flow. If you want to place this thing in a open area, you are fine without an external fan (but it is highly recommended to have a fan blowing at the rig. It can significantly reduce the temp, and you'll have a more stable system).

I know there is one guy selling his 1070 rig here. Congrats on his successful sell. By comparing the $/hash, I hope you'll see the value of my AMD rig. I'm not quitting the mining thing, just want to switch to 1080ti, and need some cash for that.

If you're interested, shoot me a message.

Attachments

Last edited: