EU WTS > Older stuff, Opteron CPU's, SuperMicro Mobo, chassi ram etc...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SecCon

Arkham Asylum Server Mgmt
May 26, 2022
Greetings,

I have decommissioned my old DDR3 file share server and looking in to getting rid of the parts. Rather than just throwing them away I choose to list them here and see what happens.

The Chassi is 4U StarTech Rack (I think) a bit modified, but nothing a screwdriver can't fix. Got most of the parts, and fitting rails for rack assembly.

The Motherboard is SuperMicro H8DCL-F . It comes with optional RAID Key for RAID5, among other levels.
The CPU's are AMD Opteron 4386 .
The CPU coolers are Asus, so not the standard small screaming coolers you might see in servers, but rather silent ones. Tall though, you need a 4U chassi.
I think it was 64GB Ram.
HDD's are not included, I don't think you want them. Can include couple of SSD's so you can install something right away.

Had it running earlier this spring, it is in working order.

Please check specs carefully, this is OLD stuff, and if anyone wants it for a symbolic fee (50€) plus shipping I rather send it off to someone who might appreciate it instead of the trash can. The BIOS and FW are AFAIK no longer neither maintained or updated, that also goes for IPMI.

I can post pictures and a bit more specs if wanted.

EDIT. I can of course also sell it in parts, or at least the mobo+cpu+ram without chassis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
I'm a lot into old hardware.... (a bit broke at the moment tho)

Where are you located?

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Thank you for posting this versus trashing it. :) The first step in recycling is re-use and I'm sure someone will give it a nice new home.

Reactions: richard.dzavoronok

SecCon

May 26, 2022
Well, trashing is not really the word, we have pretty advanced recycling stations here, so putting it in a landfill like some jerks do is just... speechless.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Well, trashing is not really the word, we have pretty advanced recycling stations here, so putting it in a landfill like some jerks do is just... speechless.
Yeah, it's still trashing many times here in the US. To me if something is still working, it still deserves to keep on working. Even old dogs can teach. :)

SecCon

May 26, 2022
Bump. Still for sale.

I have prepped a parcel with motherboard+cpu+fans+ram, so if anyone wants it...?

SecCon

May 26, 2022
Re-Bumping this, still for sale.

Will be putting up an ad for it on other places.

SecCon

May 26, 2022
@EriKana
Depends on what you want. That parcel I mentioned above costs 50€ to the US, made the calculus a few days ago. I am in Sweden. So about €100 total. I am not able to use commercial shipping rates (about half cost) since I am not a company.

If you are interested in the chassi as well it's a different story, but those chassis can be bought rather cheap pretty much anywhere. I think below 150€ is possible and with cheaper commercial shipping..