EU [WTS][NL] 50x Fusion-IO ioMemory SX300/SX350 3.2TB/6.4TB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

fkyuu

Jan 24, 2023
I'm still waiting for Samsung SATA drives to reach 11PBW with some open-source controller.
While not open source, 3DWPD/5YR samsung sata drives like the SM863, SM883, PM897, are rated for ~11-12PBW on the 1920GB drives and 21- 23PBW on the 3.84TB ones.

grenskul

Nov 8, 2020
6 cents per TB is just too much when you can get used stuff for cheaper (not as long lasting sure) and then buy another when the first one dies and still be under the the original price. Also the drives needing ancient drivers not available on all OSs doesn't help (I've wanted these but don't get them cause unraid).

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
... Also the drives needing ancient drivers not available on all OSs doesn't help (I've wanted these but don't get them cause unraid)
You can convert rpm files to tgz or xyz and then compile the drivers from source. If I'm not mistaken Unraid is/was Slackware based? Correct? If so, I see no issues then. I got these installed under Gentoo from rpm packages and they were just fine.

grenskul

Nov 8, 2020
You can convert rpm files to tgz or xyz and then compile the drivers from source. If I'm not mistaken Unraid is/was Slackware based? Correct? If so, I see no issues then. I got these installed under Gentoo from rpm packages and they were just fine.
Many have tried. Iofusion drives were once the cheapest fastest ssds you could get with this kind of durability. So far 0 successful uses on unraid as far as I know.

Reactions: rtech

kromberg

Jan 18, 2021
These guys work great with proxmox and the iomemory-vsl driver. You have to build the driver locally as it doesnt come prebuilt/configured for various package managers. Three of them in a ZFS RAID0 pool gets about 7.4Gps reads and about 5.9Gbs writes. Fastest and cheapest 8(ish)TB of storage I know of. Tempted to pick up another set of them.