WTS GFX Cards (Mining Rigs)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jarland

Oct 27, 2016
How has this guy not gone to jail? How many hundreds of thousands of dollars has he stolen? He should be in jail for all the various crimes he's committed yet he's free?
That's the really tough part. We've learned how to recognize the pieces to know it's him, but nothing we can provide would hold up in court. The assistant DA in Houston is our best ally here, she wants to get to the bottom of it.

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
I got tricked here. Prout did one thing he never does: PMed me to ask for info on himself. I replied without thinking much about it since he's never done that and he's quite a creature of habit.

He almost always appears again as someone who purchased whatever it is he was scamming with the goal of planting doubt about whether or not the "seller" or "provider" will come through. The reason being that he needs time to pull the money from the account and he needs you to doubt his guilt long enough that your complaints to your financial institutions do not interfere with that.

You can see how he also appears again to subtly taunt his victims here, this time as HybridVM: Beware of JLPHost/ Joshua Jones/Joshua Prout/IT Network - Scammer

The member ilukester here is him. IPs won't match. Admin/mod will be justified in thinking I'm just paranoid. There will be no disagreement in a few months though, the benefit of the doubt is exactly what he continues to get away with this on.
by this logic, any of us could be Joshua Prout. Hell, I could be, im a fairly new poster here without a long history.

jarland

Oct 27, 2016
by this logic, any of us could be Joshua Prout. Hell, I could be, im a fairly new poster here without a long history.
If you require deeper proof than that, you will never ID his next scam until someone loses money. I realize that's a lot to ask, and I realize that it violates a lot of people's values on how to treat another person. I also realize it's absolutely correct.

Reactions: Joel

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
I have submitted a police report to the baytown police. My report number is

General Information

Incident Type Theft
Tracking Number T17000321
Report Date 12/07/2017 12:31 PM

If anyone would like to reference it.

Make an Online Report | Baytown, TX

There is an online report filing tool for ease, I encourage everyone that was defrauded to file a report with all the information you have. I would also encourage emailing the aforementioned DA @ turner_valerie@dao.hctx.net informing her that a report has been filed that may be relevant.

ilukester

Nov 27, 2017
I got tricked here. Prout did one thing he never does: PMed me to ask for info on himself. I replied without thinking much about it since he's never done that and he's quite a creature of habit.

He almost always appears again as someone who purchased whatever it is he was scamming with the goal of planting doubt about whether or not the "seller" or "provider" will come through. The reason being that he needs time to pull the money from the account and he needs you to doubt his guilt long enough that your complaints to your financial institutions do not interfere with that.

You can see how he also appears again to subtly taunt his victims here, this time as HybridVM: Beware of JLPHost/ Joshua Jones/Joshua Prout/IT Network - Scammer

The member ilukester here is him. IPs won't match. Admin/mod will be justified in thinking I'm just paranoid. There will be no disagreement in a few months though, the benefit of the doubt is exactly what he continues to get away with this on.
I laughed so hard dude. Anyone who wants/needs to confirm my identity is more than welcome to PM me.

ilukester

Nov 27, 2017
I have submitted a police report to the baytown police. My report number is

General Information

Incident Type Theft
Tracking Number T17000321
Report Date 12/07/2017 12:31 PM

If anyone would like to reference it.

Make an Online Report | Baytown, TX

There is an online report filing tool for ease, I encourage everyone that was defrauded to file a report with all the information you have. I would also encourage emailing the aforementioned DA @ turner_valerie@dao.hctx.net informing her that a report has been filed that may be relevant.
Thank you for this information. I'm still waiting on Google to update me on the status on the charge back. I'll be using this information on my police report.

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
What a scam: pretend to be clueless about things, but have a metric s-ton of "hardware to sell". On top of all the past scams he's pulled here and elsewhere. Can't believe we keep falling for it.

Be Jgiggle everyone!

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
That's the really tough part. We've learned how to recognize the pieces to know it's him, but nothing we can provide would hold up in court. The assistant DA in Houston is our best ally here, she wants to get to the bottom of it.
she reached out to me immediately.

Reactions: jarland

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
Update. Google Wallet returned my payment. So that is a good sign. Granted it was under $500. But hopefully everyone else defrauded with get made whole soon.

Reactions: jarland

anon_pirate

Nov 23, 2016
Funny quote:....throw away account....
You're a throw away account. I saw this, but luckily I didnt need the cards. It would have been interesting to have called Joshua again after almost being scammed last time.

sharpens their Joshua Prout pitchfork.

Last edited:

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
You're a throw away account. I saw this, but luckily I didnt need the cards. It would have been interesting to have called Joshua again after almost being scammed last time.

sharpens their Joshua Prout pitchfork.
Hehe, it was the title of the post.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Got a response from Google wallet on my dispute today.

After reviewing the case, it has been determined that the disputed claim is valid. The dispute has been resolved in your favor and the funds have been returned to your *********.

Please allow a few days for the refund to show up on your account/original funding instrument.

iShopStaples

Feb 25, 2017
Glad you were able to get your funds back. Unfortunately I am guessing the funds already made it to the scammer and Google/CC/Banks are probably taking the loss on this one.

ilukester

Nov 27, 2017
Totally just got mine too (5:03AM PST)!!! Doesn't say if it covers both transactions, but says they determined that the claim is valid and it has been resolved in my favor!!!

Nothing has shown up on the CC/Debit Chase account yet, however it says it can take a couple of days.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Wow I think I remember reading about this guy on LET a year or 2 ago.
Some people unfortunately are good at deceiving people, happened to me years ago for a large amount of $$ and let’s just say after that I am very paranoid when large values are in play.
Let’s hope in the end it works out for everybody ok.